Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #44131 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Good deal silver but you have no idea what "fish" are included with it.

11 females in a 75 gallon? That's not a lot, even with the other fish. I'd fit that stocking into a 30 no problem.

My baby cichlids are so cute. They just play around in the filter current. <3
I can't take a photo though because the tub is thick plastic. :(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #44132 
Yuuie

afternoon all had a wedding yesterday and ended up going to the zoo after that, spent 3 hours there and ended up getting sun stroke which sucked so i didn't get to go to the dinner. but it was fun and everyone enjoyed themselves so i guess it was worth it. but got in trouble today from my buddy since i didn't go to the dinner she was looking for me and the person i texted didn't get a chance to mention i was out for the count.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #44133 
djembekah

i need more plants for my 29 and more danios and cories. and probably another female or two.

also the danio who jumped, aka Gimpy, looks like he's wasting away :( but he's still kicking! I just think his time is short :(
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #44134 
Silverfang

Hope you're feeling better Yuuie, that has to suck!

Olympia, I'm broke, I have to spend my last 10-20$ on fish supplies on a new filter pad for my snail tank.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #44135 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I wish I knew if my TennCare health care plan covered dental. Does anyone know? It says children under 21, which I am, but I'm married, which kicked me off my old insurance..

I haven't been able to fully open my mouth for 2-3 months. It's been permanently locked. It's probably my impacted wisdom teeth, but I can't miss college classes now. ._.'' Maybe over Christmas Break? Whew, wouldn't that be fun.
Permanently locked sounds like temporomandibular joint disorder or TMJ. It's what I have. If your jaw pops and locks a lot (or if you grind your teeth like I do), that's most likely what it is. You'll need to see an orthodontist for that.

EDIT: Just saw all the other posts about it. TMJ isn't necessarily associated with pain. I don't usually have much pain.

And wisdom teeth. Mine are all wonky too and I swore I'd die before I got them removed but now that they're interfering with my eating . . . well, consultation appointment is this Friday.

EDIT II: Relic, ohmigosh, what is that?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Sakura8; 08-06-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #44136 
gossipgirl1031

Any thoughts on what to do to help with ammonia poisoning that I haven't already tried? "Sucker" must be written all over me, because I took in another baby that seems to have a bad case. So far no big changes in the last 24 hours since I brought him home. Give him time?

We're having all kinds of issues, tomorrow I'll be getting a new cagemate for my rat who lost her's almost 2 weeks ago. It never ends, even though I think I bring this on myself ;)
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #44137 
FishyFishy89

I may add more females or other fish.
I'm thinking I'll start setting it up with the cories and slowly start adding fish by the 1s or 2s so as to not suddenly crash my system.

or would adding all of them at once be fine?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #44138 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'd start with betta, cories will drop like flies in an immature tank.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #44139 
djembekah

i started with danios in my 29 gallon. then added the cories and a glofish, and then finally the bettas.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #44140 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Kinda peeved off. Dawn told me to not keep rope fish and bichir together. But I just checked MFK and everyone says it's a fine combo and tons of people have them together.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese