Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #44311 
Silverfang

so, you know it's too hot and humid when... your arm sticks to the desk/laptop... everything. Sitting here in the class room, and the humidity is so bad my arm doesn't wanna leggo.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #44312 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I love tea! I like getting little variety boxes of hot tea. :3 What kind do you like?
I have loved every type of tea I tried from David's Tea thus far. Last night I did my first hot tea. It was called Oraganic Green Seduction (black tea, green tea, cranberries and some flowers). I always try a new kind when I go so I cannot remember the names of them. (*bonus is saving 25c each time because I work in the mall!lol)
Coffee I like sweetened with 1 sugar but oddly enough I need to have my espresso unsweetened or I can't drink it.

I woke up fresh and early to get an early start on my day. I'm going to head out to get my tank around dinner time and then I have to go to school to print some forms and then out to PetSmart-Tropical Marine Pets way to get plants and stuff for a divider and a filter cartridge for the new tank.
Should I put dirty fish water in as a starter for the new filter? I was thinking of stripping the tanks they're in and putting all theire dirty gunky stuff in so the bacteria can settle. Run it for a week and then add the 2 fish?? Sound safe?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #44313 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think you need the dirty tank water. The Ba Gerianne are in the filter, gravel, decorations etc.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #44314 
Laki

ok! Thanks!! I can't wait to get it up and running. I never did a divided tank before. I know it's only 5.5g so they won't be getting that much more room each but they can see each other (if I put 1 divider in) for stimulation. Though I'm leaing on making 2 dividers, sticking the filter and heater in the center and that way if one jumped they wouls still be separated.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #44315 
Silverfang

I think DQ is right, the BB is in the filter mostly, and in the gravel and such. I think you'd be good adding one right off the bat, just monitor the levels and keep doing WC's.

Also, have you tried Read My Lips?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #44316 
dramaqueen
Banned

I meant bacteria not whatever it was that I posted. Darn Kindle. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #44317 
Laki

Lol I googled what you types DQ and was like @-@ wat. But I pieced it together that it must be good bacteria!
Read my Lips sounds like one I tried. What's the dominating flavor? Waltermelon?
Also, does SeaChem Flourish kill marimo moss?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #44318 
Silverfang

No it doesn't, and the flavor is choc with a bit of mint.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #44319 
Laki

No. I might have tried it off a girl from work though. I know I heard of it. I love their tea!! I can't afford to buy their loose tea but I buys a cup here and there. ^-^ Makes me fell better and cleaner than drinking coffee.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #44320 
diablo13

Hey guys. I got bad news....but good news. So, on Friday I couldn't find Babycakes in the morning when I went to feed the fish. Since they'll do that, I thought nothing of it. When I went to feed them at night, I saw her head pop out from beneath the driftwood(it's completely hollow) and eat a pellet. Content that she seemed fine, I went to sleep. I woke up, and she had come out. It looks like one of the other girls had beaten her up, badly :/ her tail fin had like 3 strips and the rest was chewed down to her body :( her other fins were nibbled, she had scales missing, and a tiny bit of tail rot near her body on her tail fin :( so I put her on AQ salts. Yesterday, at about 4 o'clock, she stopped fluttering around and just sorta hovered near the top. Even though she was in clean water and AQ salt, she looked as if she was gonna die overnight. I woke up, and......she was still alive 0.0 this fish has got one heck of a will to live.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese