Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #44401 
eaturbyfill

It seems like they would, since they're brine shrimp. Gah, that's so weird.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #44402 
Laki

Dying with anticipation. Silverfang is getting the purple HM I saw yesterday!! Boy was he pretty.
Can I add my fish today? They just ate bloodworms so will be pooping soon lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #44403 
Laki

Here is a bad webcam pic of my new 5g :)
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #44404 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Omg Laki it's gorgeous. Love what you did with the flowerpots, mine just look stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #44405 
Laki

Thanks :) These are small dollar store pots, the hole in the bottom is like non-existant. The pic doesn't do justice. There's an anubias in one pot, glass pebbles on the black gravel and little floaty clover things :) I wanted another driftwood for Ludey's side but I'll just get something else.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #44406 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea. The plant inside one gives it that.. Garden look. :p
I was thinking of getting rid of the one in Maja's tank since she doesn't use it and trying something similar in a boy's tank. "Secret garden" theme?
I've never liked themes but I kind of want to do one for the betta now, it's hard to work in the divided space. Wish it was only Gilbert in the 15 gallon. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #44407 
Laki

Your 15 is only divided once?? That's like 7.5 gallons to work with!! You could do lots with that! I'm more of a drop and go "aquascapist". The only thing I did was anchor the plant in the pot with pebbles. Everything else was just left to do what it wants. I got so tired of things not working my way when I tried! lol
The LFS I bought my plants at yesterday had a display tank like 70 gallons big or something and it had christmas moss on dritwood it looked like little trees growing in the tank!!!! That was SO pretty!!! He doesn't sell his moss that I know of because it's all established in that tank. phew, it was so nice.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #44408 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

No the 15 is divided 3 times since I got Kamikaze. :(
I'm so tempted to bring one of them.. out of my room. C'mon mom, they are SUCH nice decor. Get a little designer tank for one of them. The 15 gallon is so abused. Algae and dead plants in it. I have to clean it out today. I have time now that I'm temporarily done with the 90 gallon, my dad is building the stand today and we should be sealing it as soon as I give it a final clean.

Everytime my LFS has moss I grab it, it's hard to find around here. They sell it in little plastic containers that sit on top of the tanks so I don't wait for service.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #44409 
Laki

moss? Like java moss? really? The lps here says java moss is not actually java moss and that it comes in with their fish and ONLY survives in their tanks and they're not allowed to sell it... I was told that twice (because the first time I thought buddy was just saying it.. Apparantly all the workers are told to say that. I don't know why, nor do I care because I try to avoid giving them any money)
So you still have 5g per fish!! That's enough to work themes :)Maybe they're taller than are wide. I don't know. Oh the 90g will be really cool!! I can't wait to see it!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #44410 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
moss? Like java moss? really? The lps here says java moss is not actually java moss and that it comes in with their fish and ONLY survives in their tanks and they're not allowed to sell it...
Hahahahaha, reminds me a guy i used to work for. According to him, he invented Virtual reality machines but nobody supports him financially. So he wont show us the prototype. ROFL.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese