Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #44411 
Laki

o.o
Woah. That's on some forever alone, basement dweller level... Poor guy.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #44412 
djembekah

Laki I honestly think you'd be fine to add both your boys today. Just keep up with water changes and stuff. I put Reuban and Zeddie in right away when I started up the 5, before I even had filters in there. They are still going strong :3

d'awe Zoey just climbed up on my arm and is cuddling me :3 too bad she's so darn stinky! <3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #44413 
Laki

This is what I have been waiting to hear!! I've been online all morning looking to see if they will die!! lol
Does anyone know anything about seachem? http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...stions-110181/
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #44414 
Silverfang

Just remember to QT the plants!

Not gonna be able to make it to petsmart today I don't think.

Just gonna have to hope for tomorrow. I am going to the other petstore, gotta get fake silk and I heard they have pretty girls. I know the odds aren't so good on me still finding that purple boy. Maybe he won't be marked as a special price. That caused them to fly off the shelves last time.

EDIT: use it, I do. It's excel that can cause melt off.

Last edited by Silverfang; 08-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #44415 
djembekah

I'm so terrible. I never qt anything >.< i'm really lucky i haven't lost anyone!

If I get mollies though, I will QT them. Hopefully by then, I'll have a different 3 gallon for Swish, and then i could use the kritter keeper as a QT tank.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #44416 
Laki

The plants have been soaking in tap water since I brought them home and all night. It's only this morning I added the dechlorinator and that was hours ago. I'm testing the temperature now and then going to cup them.
Your doggy is too cute, give her snuggles from me!!
The purple HM was in the Hm cups in the front row. I don't know when they got them in but maybe he'll still be there. Oh well :( I hope whoever buys him gives him a nice home :)
Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #44417 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hah, more like.. 7 gallons for Reuben and 4 gallons for everyone else. I'm not very good at.. division. xD But, Reuben IS the biggest.

I've always wanted to do a little pathway going through a tank. What if.. I incorporated the divider, in a way to make it look like one big tank. The divider could be like, the walls of the secret garden. I'm a genius. Too bad I'll never be able to figure that out.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #44418 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
o.o
Woah. That's on some forever alone, basement dweller level... Poor guy.
>.< You know some of us are just F'ing unlucky in love!

I swear it seems love likes to toy with me, so much I'm tempted to let my heart turn to stone. If that happends bring on the end times so I can laugh as the world burns!

I have never once known love, yeah people like to joke about things just like this but it's not funny. Do any of them know what being alone for nearly three decades does to you? There is a quote that says it all: When all you can do is dream the dreams turn dark.

So I say those like me walk a razor's edge, pray we don't fall not for our sake but yours!

/endrant
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #44419 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
A couple of years ago on Christmas morning, I took some trash out to the dumptster...the lid was closed and when I opened it a big raccoon jumped out at me. I didn't know what it was and it scared me so bad The only thing I could think to do was start swinging. I punched that raccoon square in the face and ran My wife was watching the whole thing through the window and when I walked in she asked what happen "Is it ok?" she made go out and check on it...when I did I found the raccoon in the bottom of the dumpster knocked out...I pulled him out and laid him in the grass since he was still breathing...I stood there for a bit until he woke up..looked around and ran off into the woods. When I went back in I got an ear full from the wife and kid "I can't believe you punched a raccoon on Christmas!!" really? he almost gave me a heart attack!
Ohmigosh, I wish I had seen that! But I know what you mean, they're big creatures really and when they hiss at you it's freaky.

EDIT: I've been alone for over 3 decades so I know. *hugs* We can be loners together.

EDIT II: Laki, Flourish is just fine as long. And I agree, you can easily put both boys in there. Just test for ammonia and do water changes. I added Sherm into his 10gal right away. In fact, I pretty much add all my fish right away and just do water changes.

QT the plants. Otherwise you get snails. -___-

Last edited by Sakura8; 08-09-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #44420 
Laki

o.o It was just a joke. I didn't mean offence to anybody! Ah, I better be careful with my words. :( Sorry. Really.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese