Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #44431 
diablo13

I want an electric fish. Electric eel 0_0 that would be cool......what size tank does Sparky's species need? I like how he looks :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #44432 
Sakura8

I want that giant 600 gal tank on craigslist. I wonder if I could talk my folks into it . . . "But dad, I don't have a car so surely we could spend the $2500 on that!" Except, it's not even the cost, it's where to put it.

My dad just called and didn't even recognize my voice. Really, dad? Goofball.

EDIT:
Diablo, well, in theory Sparky could reach up to 49" but in practice, all captive electric catfish seem to max out at about 16" or so. *crosses fingers* They're super accomodating regarding water chemistry. Sparky's currently in a 55gal and is about 7.5" long.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #44433 
diablo13

49 inches.......Do you, by any chance, know If Electric Catfish fillet taste good? XD
Old 08-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #44434 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
o.o It was just a joke. I didn't mean offence to anybody! Ah, I better be careful with my words. :( Sorry. Really.
It's ok, lucky for everyone I have a will of steel forged in hell and tempered every day since. My heart is not so far gone as it cannot return yet, but every year it becomes harder. But that's what I have pets for, they give me something care for in the mean time.

But on to another subject my dad once worked with a guy who faced off with a rabid raccoon, he walked up and smacked it with a crowbar. Trust me when wild animals attack you gotta do what you gotta do!
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #44435 
Sakura8

I think if I tried it, I'd be the one who ended up fried. o.O

Please Sparky, stay short like me.

Kinetic, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. *hugs*

The racoons like to hide under our deck and one night I was walking across to feed the cats and suddenly the ground under my feet started hissing.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #44436 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sakura how are your congo tetra doing? :p

Cat-eLog • PlanetCatfish.com
I used this tool to look for catfish^ It's not the best though, if you type in pH range from 7-8, it'll give you fish that have that exact range, not like a fish that says pH 7.5-8. So I just leave them all blank minus size. :p
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #44437 
Sakura8

Bookmarked and will be used often. :D

They're doing well. They finally started eating but mostly only the spirulina brine shrimp I feed at night. They do nibble at pellets as they go by. I've seen one male chase another male but so far, not even nipped fins. I'm a bit worried about them come winter. I may have to move them indoors and leave the coldwater fishies to finally enjoy the cooler water. I feel bad that it's in the 80's for the dojos. I hate having to keep the tanks in the garage.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #44438 
diablo13

Hey.....catfish gotta eat too! XD I just realized.....in the 29, I have 2 Platies, a single BN Pleco, and 6 girls. And the Krib. I have room for like 2-3 more girls 0-0 hey....can the Krib count as my sorority alpha?

Edit: Congo Tetra? Are they in with Sparky? Anyone want to tell me how much fish Sakura has now? :D
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #44439 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Where will they go in the winter? :O

I'm so excited to get my group of 9. :D
After the buffalo heads move into the 90, they're next. I want to give both species some time to grow to a good, inedible size.

Also, was looking at the African knife tank at the LFS... I realized, it's full of little guppies. FEEDER FISH?! Do you know how hard it will be to get him off those?!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #44440 
Sakura8

Yeah, if the other girls respect the krib. :D

Olympia, I have no idea. I may have to temporarily put them into the 20gal or something similar. I was hoping to have moved before winter but that doesn't seem likely now.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese