Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #44441 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good morning everyone. I forget who it was that mentioned read my lips tea from David's tea but how does it taste? It says it has peppercorns in it. Can you taste it?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #44442 
Sakura8

Good morning DQ. :)

Olympia, Better get a tank of guppies set up for him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #44443 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Good morning everyone. I forget who it was that mentioned read my lips tea from David's tea but how does it taste? It says it has peppercorns in it. Can you taste it?
They don't really stand out. They add to the general "kick" that the tea gives though. Not a super strong kick though, pretty light. Of course depends on how long you brew it too, I don't let my teas sit very long.

I kind of want to set up a little livebearer tank, so I can have another tank. But I don't want to feed feeders.
I think Ill start him off by feeding him live mealworms and earthworms and transition him to dead worms and dead fish.
Edit: By dead worms I mean bloodworms. The meal worms and earthworms will always be fed live.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #44444 
Sakura8

I know I like my tea weak compared to a lot of people.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #44445 
diablo13

Debbie and Nayru don't like her......Libby gets chased around by her, although she doesn't have stripes and is fully colored......the rest dont really care. Something funny happened with Debbie and Nayru yesterday. Nayru is my biggest girl, and Debbie is tied with Libby for smallest, so Debby goes up and flares and Nayru, and Nayru swims away pretty quickly. I though it was funny, so I measured them all. The I counted the girls fins, and the boys have with and without fins. Debbie and Libby are both 1.25 inches long, Malon is just below 1.5 inches, Midna and Falafel are both just over 1.5 inches, although Midna is much fatter. Nayru is just below 2 inches. Churro is 1.75 without fins and 2.5 with. Diablo is 2.25 without fins and 3.5 with.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #44446 
Sakura8

Sometimes the smallest ones are the most fierce. *glares at Weemissfrankie* My baby betta girl can be a brat to my big older girls.

Nice job with the measuring. It just proves how big a male's fins can be.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #44447 
diablo13

I was surprised at how big Diablo is. Then again, he is like 2.5 years old.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #44448 
Laki

Bettas are in the tank. Ludendorff seems to enjoy it moreso because even though I slowed the filter as much as a I could and added a sponge piece to break the output even more Bowser is still learning how to to deal with a slight current on his side. I think he's being a big baby because the hornwort and IAL isn't really swishing around and they're light as feathers! Filter baffling ideas?
double edit- rolled up an ial and attached it to output for now. He seems to appreciate it

Last edited by Laki; 08-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #44449 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Bettas are in the tank. Ludendorff seems to enjoy it moreso because even though I slowed the filter as much as a I could and added a sponge piece to break the output even more Bowser is still learning how to to deal with a slight current on his side. I think he's being a big baby because the hornwort and IAL isn't really swishing around and they're light as feathers! Filter baffling ideas?
That's a cool name! My first betta is still not used to the slight current, whenever he swims pass, the current flicks him a littles. So now he stays behind and under the filter... How about a water bottle? Don't know if you've seen it yet. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #44450 
Silverfang

DQ it was me, and if I can take the taste of the peppercorns it's not very strong. Very not strong... I also recommend sweet strawberry. It's nice and light, and delicious iced.

EDIT: I has a new girl... her name will be Meringue. As in lemony. As in white/yellow! :)

Last edited by Silverfang; 08-09-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese