Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #44941 
diablo13

This fish is boring. She has beautiful color and finage, but she slowly swims for about 30 seconds, finds a spot to stop, and sits there for 20 minutes -_-
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #44942 
djembekah

aweee. What have you got her in right now?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #44943 
diablo13

I'm quarantining her in a petco cup, but it has clean water with AQ salt, and she's pretty small, so she has plenty of room to meander around.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #44944 
djembekah

ahhh. Maybe she wants to flirt more
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #44945 
Silverfang

and what's wrong with being a flirty girl?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #44946 
Aahnay

the vids at that link are so tiny i cant see them, lol. I need a new game to veg out in .. Ive done lotro, starwars, and runes of magic. I tried startrek but that it seems, well so old, funny controls. Any ideas?

Tiki: They can handle water beds, so they can handle that tank too, it the weight is spread out. Will it be a long wide low tank? Are you making it? There are some cool youtubes showing how to make large tanks out of plastic or wood, and the stands too.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #44947 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
How come everybody gets to see meteors showers?!?! No fair. We get fog. We did last night anyway :( I never seen a meteor shower in my life. Fact, I might have only seen one or two shooting stars.
When should I make my first water change on the 5g? I'm thinking I should do it today before work.. Am I allowed to turn off the filter to do it though?
I have nothing but skies full of gold smoke, argh! When i go out it starts off my asthma, its so bad out there. Its been a while since we have had fires like this, at least not much wind, and it does cool the sun down.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #44948 
Relic

I had a complete system crash in my planted tank..was vacuuming up the substrate like I do every Monday...all of the sudden I started smelling rotten eggs. And my glofish started acting funny...2 died. I moved the corys and the remaining glofish to another tank that is way over crowded now. I guess I hit a patch of substrate that I normally miss and released the gases from rotting vegetation. Now I'm going to have to completely take down that tank. Going to replace all the substrate and re-plant. Which sucks! All the plants are doing so well.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #44949 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Oh I saw that a while ago. Didn't realize she never got permission to do that.

And this is why I don't go on the betta forum pretty much ever. These people are insane.

She did get permission, after the first one, i believe. Did you read about the tank now?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #44950 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I had a complete system crash in my planted tank..was vacuuming up the substrate like I do every Monday...all of the sudden I started smelling rotten eggs. And my glofish started acting funny...2 died. I moved the corys and the remaining glofish to another tank that is way over crowded now. I guess I hit a patch of substrate that I normally miss and released the gases from rotting vegetation. Now I'm going to have to completely take down that tank. Going to replace all the substrate and re-plant. Which sucks! All the plants are doing so well.
Wow, sorry to hear that. I didnt know about the gases, till just a couple days ago. What would be a good search parameter to find out more about this?

Can you just save your cycled material (sponge or what ever) and clean the gravel and do a 100% water change and put the cycled material back in?

Good luck

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese