Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #44951 
diablo13

Well....I guess now I know what the problem was. I came home from football practice and realized she had SBD :( it isn't so bad that she's on her side, but she'll try and swim down, and slowly float back up, but she's still upright. I guess I'll try and get some Epsom salt tomorrow.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #44952 
Laki

Aw poor girly.
Just got home from work, stayed an extra half hour to clean because it seems the entire city needed to eat at buck weaver's tonight. I wanted to throw every single one of their meals at their heads. Just people. Not having a good time working there. Applied to David's Tea today!!!!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #44953 
djembekah

poor girl :(

and poor laki xD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #44954 
thekinetic

Recently (today) my mystery snail has been acting strange, the food I put in yesterdat is still there and it just hangs out on the side of the tank not moving a lot. Then just now I noticed something black on his side just by his shell entrance. One is all the way out and the other is just under the shell.

Are these parasites or just poo or debris?

I need to know whether to remove him so it doesn't harm my other fish.

I posted this in it's own topic and no one answered, good thing time is a factor...wait no that's bad!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #44955 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Snail butts are in their shells (as far as I know?!) Mine always wiggle their shells funny and poo falls out (but they're pond snails).

Sooo apparently bichir can eat congo tetra.... gosh darn it there is NO other schooling fish from Africa.. gonna think about angels more but course gotta talk to some peeps about it this tank is getting ridiculous.
We built the stand today though.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #44956 
thekinetic

Yeah ok I had to break out my modeling magnifiers but it is deffinatly snail poo, also eeww that I had to look that close at the south end of a snail! O.O
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #44957 
Laki

I've given up on snails. :/ I don't know what to be doing. I just kill eggs as soon as I see them.
It's 1 am.. We're making fettucine alfredo.
@-@
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #44958 
Sakura8

Laki, cool! I really hope you get the job at David's Tea. :)

Olympia, where are the marble hatchetfish going? They're from South America . . .

Haha, Nurse tetras are from Africa and get about 9" but I've only seen them in my fish profile book.

Relic, I'm sorry about your planted tank. I feel your pain. I've had mine crash so many times . . . At least your plants are salvageable, that's a good thing.

Oh look one of my cories is out and about. o.O Haven't seen him in weeks.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #44959 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The hatchets are in my 20 gallon right now. They are way to small to live with monsters. The little dummies tried eating pellets today, the little 1mm pellets don't even fit in their mouths but they were persistent (cory food). They get flakes though.

There's a barb.. that gets 6" long, but they seem way to active for a 4 foot tank. I messaged someone for a second opinion about the congos. Tazman said angel fish and buffalo heads should be able to live together introduced at a young age (GASP- African and South American cichilds- together?!)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #44960 
Sakura8

They could, although I do know angels prefer soft acidic water.

There are a lot of barbs that do well. T-Spanner barbs, Filament Barbs, Clown Barbs . . . all those get 6". But trust me, a 4 foot tank is plenty of room for them. I doubt they will ever get a bigger tank than that.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese