Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #44991 
TheCrabbyTabby

I recommend a hamster. They are cute, love to cuddle, and are full of antics. They are clean, do not smell, and they love to spend time exploring. They might not be the geniuses of the rodent world (they run right off an edge without hesitating sometimes, if not supervised properly) but they are my favorite rodent. They even come in long and short haired varieties.

You just have to have patience in hand taming the one who you've chosen to be a part of your life. They can and will bite, but in my experience, and if the hamster wasn't abused early on in life, they won't do so very often. They don't normally bite out of sheer spite. My syrian hamster, Holly, is very sweet and never bites me. She bit me once, but that was when she went for a walk in my room without me knowing, and before I had worked with her to get her used to my hands. I went to pick her up and stupid me, I did so with a lot of sudden movement. She was, of course, very scared and bit out of fear. Since then, though, she hasn't ever bitten me again.

Some people think that they aren't very full of personality, but they live such very short lives, 3 and a half years at most, that most people don't really bother to get to know them. They might not have a lot of personality, like a betta, but they do have some. Tell me my Holly doesn't have personality when you look at this picture.
Attached Images

TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #44992 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
My kitty, Toby, is being put to sleep tomorrow morning :'( *bawl*
I am so so so sorry. *hugs*

EDIT: Bekah, clown knives are gorgeous. And HUGE. My LFS has a few and they're at least 20" long.

Olympia, I love your drawing. It's much better than I can do with a mouse. :)

Hi Taz! Welcome to the craziest thread ever. Second only to Sparky's thread.

Olympia, there's just no way to predict how things will turn out. If you don't ever want to run the risk of possible losses, then it's best to keep species like bichir and ropefish in species tanks. A fish big enough for the bichir to not eat might be big enough to pick on the bichir. A fish too small to pick on the bichir is small enough for him to eat. :( The best you can do is plant well, have lots of hiding places, and be prepared to yank out any fish that is being threatened.

Last edited by Sakura8; 08-14-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #44993 
gn3ranger

Did I hear rats!? they make amazing pets/companions Very social will get very attached/dependent on you. They love to be handled and they love to show their affected by licking you and nibbling. If any of you decide to get rats Be sure to get at-least 2 they are very social animals! :) I'm not even gonna say anymore i can go on forever lol.

I currently have 1 female 27 months old "use to be a pair of females" and I love her so much <3!

"note any rodent,small,mammal,etc you decide to get have different attitudes/personalities depending on how the Breeder/pet store handled and treated them"

I mean look at my Avatar doesn't my precious baby wanna make you go out and get a rat? :P

And did I also hear Guinea pig!? Don't even get me startedGuinea pig's are to die for very cute. Do not like to be handled much though.

Last edited by gn3ranger; 08-14-2012 at 04:33 AM.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #44994 
gn3ranger

Prepare yourselves for cuteness

Rats very social (Celty RIP)

guinea pig's very cute! (simon RIP)

Maybe both!? cuteness overload Celty,Kamile,and Simon!
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #44995 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
Here, get one of these? hehehehe

I love angel fish, we had them when I was a kid, and I had a couple in my early years. I loved, watching them, they were mesmerizing. I often think I need some now. oh Here is dolphin and angel, lol.

My dolphin fish where a tan color and I thought their noses were fatter than what i keep seeing. They had a diff name too, like da something, its been so long lol

Oh MY such a cool motion fish O.O

Where are the eyes on this fish?

ohoh, i can see them in this one where the fish is as BIG AS A CAT? LOL

Found this on the dolphins from africa, interesting.

Still not finding the ones I had...but these look familiar, lol

Oh here is a different kind, and this one, is doing tricks , lol, jumping through a hoop... (its really looking for food, but does jump through the hoop)!!! The first blurry part will vanish in a couple seconds, i didnt watch to the end. This one has the different dorsal, and no long nose.

Such a sad state for mormyrids to be kept in. Makes me want elephant noses more just so I can give them a proper home. How can people get away with keeping such delicate species in such horrid conditions?

Sakura, I don't think anyone will bully the bichir out of those fish, haha. But everyone is saying something different, oddly enough each forum has a different say on everything. I've been going through every fish forum I can find reading everyone's experiences with all these crazy fish. Hah. I don't think I'll know what'll happen until I meet my polys.

Small pets? I like hermit crabs. I'm not really touchy-feely with animals anymore. I don't get why people say dogs know your feelings because mine sure don't and never wanted anything to do with me during my depression bursts. They just made me cry even more. And yet every morning Zara still feels the urge to lay on top of me and lick my face (gross). If I had to choose I'd want degu or..

Also hey my fish tumblr has TEN followers!

Last edited by Olympia; 08-14-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #44996 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I wonder where I could find a good rat habitat for cheap. I don't really know what types of things to look for to make it a good home.
You want a ferret nation cage and stick 3 rats in it. Males or females but all the same gender! Female rats smell like grape kool aid, males stink. Rats recognize their human and bond with their human. They are intelligent and trainable. Rats will sleep when you do and be active when you are. And they eat a wider variety of food.
Hamsters are cute but clumsy. I like seting up things for them to explore and gather food (instead of feeding from a food dish). It's not always appealing when hamsters sleep all day like little bears. I love hamsters but I think they should be considered for their lifestyle (nocturnal)..

I want a freshwater dolphin.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #44997 
diablo13

FURRETS!!!! Parrotlets for the win, of course though they're a big commitment. My little buggers takes 4 hours out of my day. Though they are either nice or not. Some will be all cuddly and cute, while other will bite you constantly. Mine is nice enough if I get him out of his cage, and don't piss him off. They're also adorable :D oh, and the new girl is doing better. She does rise ever so slightly when she stops, but she can swim around without her fins touching the surface. SBD can be fix without meds, yes?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #44998 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awww you have parrotlets? I love those things, so.. Stubby and cute.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #44999 
diablo13

I have a parrotlet. Yes, very stubby :D like an itty-bitty Amazon. I have a yellow one :D I think I have a picture. I can upload it, if youd like.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #45000 
Laki

YEs pics!!!! My friend has a blue parrotlet named Napoleon. :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese