Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #45141 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

TO Star- Marineland
Here's the article.. describes everything going on.
Even the former trainers were getting sick from the water.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #45142 
Aahnay

Oh, way back when I raised and showed rabbits, lol, I fed them alfalfa, the beatuful green leafy kind. I dont recall ever knowing it was bad for them. Hmmm. They loved it better than oat hay, which i also mixed in. I had the hanging baskets on the sides of their pens, free eating.

Im sure some of those rabbits have family to this day! A few got away. I kept feeding them too. Sweet things. Oh and the little salt blocks for them, with vitamins, i forgot about those.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #45143 
Sakura8

Sorry cories. The raphael took over one of the caves and now the cories look confused. He's got like 4 days to figure out how to earn his keep or he has to go back. I'm gonna fast them all so he's hungry and eats the snails.

I have two mice, identical. And they both broke. T_T I don't want to have to buy a new mouse, darn it! But I'm no good with the trackpad. It takes me forever if I have to navigate with the trackpad.

New camera, new mouse . . . just renewed the warranty on the computer so dang it, I'd better not need a new one of those anytime soon.

*grumps*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #45144 
Laki

I don't feed salt blocks. But the alfalfa is okay for show rabbits to meet the standards. It's not good for everyday feeding unless they're outside living and use up all the vitamins and minerals in it (extra calcium and protein for their fur and fat). Personally I wouldn't show rabbits for that reason - the diet is not adequate. Not to say you didn't care for yours!! I'm just opinionated and judgemental of shows and standards for cats/dogs/rabbits etc. . .
I'm going to go read that article now Olympia. :) Or :( ... I don't know yet.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #45145 
djembekah

i found the article on reddit. it's so sad :(
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #45146 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea. Classic marine park end. :[
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #45147 
Sakura8

There was a big brouhaha here a while ago about an orca that grabbed his trainer's ponytail and drowned her. They said he was "aggressive" but I think he was probably just playing or acting like, you know, a wild animal. People get upset when these wild creatures don't act like domesticated critters and they blame them for their actions but I blame the humans that make them do unnatural things.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #45148 
Aahnay

Olympia, im so sorry. And abouth the tank? if it blows, Id redo it again, you can do it, your dad doesnt have to. Just take your time, and make sure its clean, lol, I think you use rubbing alcohol?

Actually, my rabbits were outside, they had the barn (the calfing barn) and then I had outdoor pens attached to like all sides, but one was for chickens, and one for hamlet and one of tom and jen.

I dug down and put wire in the ground, so they could live a little more naturally. In the summer time they were always inside, and I had coolers for them so they wouldnt cook. We had fox so it helped protect them all. For the winter we had a double walled building we moved them to, with out door pens too.. They went underground, lol.

I loved to show animals, its great fun to show off your babies, lol. I know a lot of folks are cruel, and shoulnt be allowed to have them at all, and I hate dog racing and horse racing, and cock fighting.

My neighbor had a bald eagle in a cage he used to test his cocks!! He showed me some of his hawk collection he kept in his freezer! I played dumb, and the second I was home called it in. He was such a jerk.

His fighter cock kept coming tom my sweet blue rooster, and fighting him. My rooster almost killed him before I could break it up the last time. That cock died from the fight, and my poor rooster had so many injuries, I kept him in my living room with me till he was healed.

Argh, it makes me so made.. I came home from work one day to see all my horses in a circle and that dudes dog barking at their heals, the horses were head in butt out, I flew into the pasture .. they were protecting Alicias foul. Good horses! Id never seen anything like it.

That same dog killed my beautiful duck, he ate her butt off! I found her mostly under the hot water heater in the barn, I called everybody!!!!!

sorry I digress, ive had a very bad day today, ate some donuts (havent had any in like 5 years), doritos, mac and cheese, and a bunch of milk.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #45149 
eaturbyfill

If something threatened my animals on my property, I'd most likely be tempted to shoot. Ha, made me sound like a Tennesseean, lol.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #45150 
Aahnay

yeah, actually i did pull out the shotgun, at least 3 times, but finally humane society and the fish and game took over. But, then my cat vanished! She was only about 10, and one of the coolest cats I have ever known, especially for a female.

I was in college, getting divorced and alone and really nervous about that guy, and in the country. Im glad i didnt shoot his dog, or his rooster.

Retribution can be hell. lol.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese