Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #4541 
copperarabian

that game is awesome :D I only run around on the chokobo's, but when my brother plays it I watch him because the cut scenes are awesome and it has a good story. I love Assassins creed the most for ps3! It's insanely fun running around the city, climbing on everything, jumping off really tall stuff into bales of hay, riding around on the horses and leading all the soldiers to one spot so you create a pile of dead bodies, I think the most I got was 35 XD The best thing though is the stealth kills :D and to add to the awesome it also has a fantastic story, and beautiful animation(although not as good as final fantasy, but what is)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #4542 
Yuuie

lol that is true and i think we got most of them but for the one for the ps3
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:59 AM   #4543 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
That spot comes from the fire mouth, and Winnie is such a cute girl, I love her spot! Also a 29g should be fine for a pair if you keep up with water changes since they pretty much slaughter live plants, and have a lot of waste. if you got one, you might be able to get away with a few tank mates, but they might be killed.
Okay, cool. I know a lot of cichlids like to dig, too. Lots of caves, lots of rocks and they don't really NEED plants, live or otherwise is what I've heard.

Yup, that spot is why I got Winnie. I couldn't resist it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #4544 
Bettawolf19

Here's the tank so far lol still in the rinse and repeat thing going on lol

Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #4545 
copperarabian

When Malina's parents were spawning all the time I had 70 pounds of gravel in my aquarium to keep them from digging all the way to the gravel filter, I've taken out a lot of it, but Malina still digs, and if I look in her cave I can see the gravel filter lol They also like sand, but will do fine in gravel, if you don't want them to dig use a larger gravel they won't be able to fit in their mouth.

I like to give mine some fake plants, sometimes I'll even put some light silk plants around Malina's cave to let her uproot because it gives her something new to do that hopefully stimulates her little mind. I also have 1 big plastic plant right next to her cave in the corner(heavy base) that makes her feel more secure. Caves are good, But you should put in/make an extra so they can choose, they can be picky XD I have live plants in my tank right now, but that's only because I took out the divider and I want my little guys to have more hiding spots. Malina mostly ignores them and the little guys are too small and fast for her to bother with other then a little bit of intimidation lol

But lets not get ahead of ourselves yet XD They haven't even paired up yet lol

*EDIT*
@Bettawolf
That aquarium looks awesome so far, I can't wait to see it once the sand has settled and it's full.

Last edited by copperarabian; 07-21-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #4546 
Sakura8

Bettawolf: The tank looks nice, it's coming along great.

Copper: Where do you find a cave big enough for a 4-8" cichlid? Make one with river rocks and aquarium silicone? Malina sounds so funny, digging around in her cave. BTW, how did you know she was a female?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #4547 
fightergirl2710

Question: What fish go with a sorority.. I put the 4 girls into the 20 gal, I'm going to add 2 more soon but it look so empty, what fish can stay with them, I was thinking about tangerine livebrearers.. They're like platies, I think.. Also consider Peaches.. She is aggressive. :P
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #4548 
Sakura8

If you get livebearers, you'll just run into the same problem you had with the mollies: too many fry! Try a bottom dweller like a bristlenose pleco, bronze cory cats, zebra plecos, dwarf loaches. I'm not sure what's available to you, though.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #4549 
copperarabian

@Sakura
well, Malina's about 6" and because she dug down underneath her cave she has a ton of room, and I've seen some good sized caves at pet club, I'll look around online and see if I can find anything you could use as a cave. and yes you can pile rocks in a way that will make caves.
-I'm only 90% positive that she's a female, her brother had a lump(forgot the name) on his forehead, and both male convicts and red parrots get that and she doesn't have it, she just looks like a female I guess.
-I'll post some pics in a few minutes of the cave Malina uses, and also a full view of my tank.

@Fighter
I have a African butterfly fish with my sorority and I love it so much, when I put my finger in the tank and all my girls rush over he's right there with them XD He does this thing now where he presses his face against my finger and just sits there, and if I take my finger out and put it back in he will bite it. Only bad thing is if your girls are too small and can fit in it's mouth they might eat them.

I also have my blue gourami who gets along fine with them, but it's also a female.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #4550 
Sakura8

Bleeding Heart tetras get 3", big enough to withstand Peaches. Danios are fast enough to outrun Peaches. Khuli loaches get 4", keep maybe 2 or 3. Dwarf gouramis or honey gouramis could work, 2" there.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese