Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #45501 
Sakura8

My mom eats veggie burgers all the time. She literally can't stomach meat, something to do with her antirejection drugs. Even a shred of chicken in a cheese enchilada makes her gag.

I just don't know why my fish don't associate me with food. Is it because I don't let the food float on top of the water? When I do, it just gets sucked into the filter. How do you feed your fish, Olympia?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #45502 
TheCrabbyTabby

Sorry. I was raised in the middle of Farmville, USA aka the southwest part of Minnesota, where your either a farmer, or you know someone who is. My grandpa was a dairy farmer, working a small op dairy family owned farm (which has been in the family for over 100 years now). He didn't do things like the big op farmers do, like give the cows hormone injections to make them produce more milk.

You also ate meat, drank milk and ate home cooked meals which, by today's standards, would be too rich in carbs and fats. Nothing fancy, just whatever came from the store or the garden.

EDIT: My grandpa and his family even drank some of the milk, before it was shipped off to be pasteurized and homogenized. Grandma got really sick from it and they've bought their milk from the stores ever since. That would be my dad's side of the family.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 08-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #45503 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmmm.. Well betta are easy.
How does floating food get sucked into the filter? O__O
The hatchets, I throw flakes over top of their heads. The cories, I hold the pellets underwater then drop them, so they sink right away where I want them. The frogs I target feed with a toothbrush occasionally.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #45504 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Reminds me of Poland..... The country where you spread pig lard onto bread to eat it but no one has weight problems. Must be all the vodka.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #45505 
eaturbyfill

Eww. The sound of that makes me like my vegetarian meals all the more. It's just gross to me.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #45506 
djembekah

i like veggie meals and meaty meals. i just like food
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #45507 
Sakura8

Crabby, I love mah steaks. Can't help it. Love mah meat. :)

Olympia, the filter blows the food everywhere and the fish don't see it and eventually it sinks and gets sucked into the filter. Sigh.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #45508 
TheCrabbyTabby

They didn't go so far as to eat pig lard on bread, but they did eat fresh beef, pigs and chicken. They used to butcher the cattle, or get the meat from a friend who did it, but that was before I was born. They did have chickens when I was little and I once even helped to butcher them. But that is another story. And farm fresh eggs. They are supposedly much richer and tastier than store bought ones because the hens are not forced to live in cages all their egg laying lives, eating only bland chicken feed. I've never actually had one myself though.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #45509 
Sakura8

By the way Crabby, stay away from my soda. I am also a soda fiend and I will arm wrestle you for sodas that are near me. :D
Old 08-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #45510 
TheCrabbyTabby

I will arm and leg wrestle you, and I am warning you, I have big meaty thighs and calves. Comes from my working class heritage.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese