Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #45531 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
you want disgusting, you'd have to see a feed of cod peas
You should see the Men's bathroom in the Philippines...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Isn't Balut an egg with a duck embryo in it? I know its a delicacy where you're from but to me its sad. Poor duckling who was deprived of a life.
Not to be mean and all. But I don't really sea the difference between eating another animal... That is if you do eat meat.?
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #45532 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yeah, I guess so. But it still makes me sad to eat a baby animal.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #45533 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lutefisk? Hah, at least in your country drinking anaesthetic isn't a tradition. O__O Or spiritus.. 98% alcohol.

Lucky duckling never got the chance to see how cold the world is.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #45534 
TheCrabbyTabby

Lutefisk is a traditional Norwegian dish made by soaking salted whitefish in lye for a few weeks in the sun. Its apparently as pungent tasting as it smells, but Norwegians can't get enough of it. Glad I am of German and Belgian heritage. Waffles and bratwurst. Now that's something more palatable.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #45535 
Sakura8

Olympia, that's true. Just like grandparents who were born in the Depression still have those habits from those days.

Falor was sucking on the ADF? That must've been a sight.

EDIT: Lutefisk is also eaten by Swedes! Mother is Swedish and proud of it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #45536 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Stuff we drink isn't even legal to own here. x___x I got the wonderful genetic gift of no hangovers, though!

I was thinking the other day... pickled herring, pickles, pickled cabbage, pickled pickles, pickled peppers, pickled EVERYTHING in Poland. My favourites are pickled mushrooms and pickled green tomatoes (as in, unripened tomatoes). Plus, jarred fruits. This food is huge in our house because my parents growing up had to have enough food saved up for the winter to survive.. xD
Can you imagine eating just pickled foods all winter?
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #45537 
TheCrabbyTabby

My grandma and grandpa are more stubborn than even me and my dad. And I don't ever make them mad. Never. I am scared to.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #45538 
TheCrabbyTabby

My dad had to live like that. He grew up dirt poor so Grandma and his sisters had to preserve a lot of food for the winter months. In Minnesota, the winter is a little on the long side. Anyways. They still "can" their sweet corn, which consists of cooking it, cutting it off the cob, and storing it away in plastic bags in the freezer to eat later, until they get sick of it and stop going to the freezer and forget about it being there when there is another "canning" in late summer.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #45539 
Aahnay

eaturbyfill: I think your little ones will be big enough when they come home, only time will tell. It would be easier to just put cardboard, or some of that dollar store foam board on the three sides and top, then just some net on the front, if they can get out.

Get them a wheel, they will use it all the time. Yes ramps should be fine, Maybe not hammocks per say, but easy clean plastic containers, with some bedding in them, attached at the plat forms.

Also, lay some of those on side for caves for them, you could put a hole in the top for escape/play too.

I saw somehting today and thought about you, it was a ladder/platform top for an aquarium, but man it was too expensive. Do they still make habi-trail stuff?

I was a vegan for a long time, I have this great receipe for chicken strips, it was sooooo good, tasted like the real thing. I also made salami, and some other meats, like sausage? I took some to work once and everyone loved them all, lol.

Oh and I made this sharp cheese, like the kind you get in those ceramic kegs. They thought it was real.

It has too much salt for me now or Id eat it daily still! hahahaha

Oh... lust is in the air. =)
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #45540 
Yuuie

yay a non related computer work question
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese