Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #45691 
djembekah

i need to buy some flourish, and idk what else i need to do...
i guess i'm just very excited about more plants.

lovely Aahnay! and what a pretty fish :)
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #45692 
TheCrabbyTabby

Laki, just create what you feel. If something comes to the forefront of your mind, and is compelling and interesting, sketch it down on a piece of paper. Keep a sketch diary with you where ever you go and doodle and sketch whenever inspiration hits.

I find that inspiration doesn't come on command and trying to make it come only leads to headache and exasperation. Sometimes getting up and walking around for a while, during sketching or painting, will help your mind to become refreshed and help you to see your work in a new light.

Just remember, there is no right or wrong when making a piece of art (Unless your copying someone else, then that's plagiarism and can be punishable by a court of law). Just do what comes naturally to you. I once saw a piece of art that was a simple tuft of grass. It was so powerful. It said to me that no one thing isn't worthy of being painted on a canvas, and that conventional ideas of art are bogus. ANYTHING can be sketched or painted into a piece of art, no matter how ordinary or mundane.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #45693 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Are those..... called.. ball.. joint.. dolls?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #45694 
Laki

I think university killed all that in me. I truly, truly don't care to be at it. Sure I miss it but I really cannot get back into it. I don't have any hobbies now though. Just my pets and nintendo.
eta- those dolls are cool!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #45695 
Aahnay

No, I havent purchased any of them yet.. I stopped making my dolls a couple years ago, and have started up again.. I really want to buy some the ball joint nudes, I havd so many ideas for them.. The ones above are only 11 inches.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #45696 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ahhh, my friend has one of those ball joint dolls and she paid like $300 for it. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #45697 
Aahnay

Laki, no no no, hahaha... Its that left half of your brain, saying.. I dont have time, I dont feel like it, I have more important stuff to do, lol. It can be such a master and keep you adding numbers, and well you know.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #45698 
Laki

lolol really? I believe it. That's exactly what's at my mind's center. I keep telling myself, when I'm done school I'll have weekends, evenings and summers off to be at art again.
I have my favorite pieces in a tote box here but nothing to do with them. Nice paintings. I'll get some pics some time and make a thread.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6972702&type=3 << prob cannot see this, unless you're friends with me

Last edited by Laki; 08-21-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #45699 
Aahnay

Yeah is it a bigger one? You can buy the blanks, put them together and then go on from there... I tend to like real floaty looking fairies.. I want to make a mermaid holding a betta... but I have absolutely no idea how to make the betta.

Ive been working on one for oh about 6 years.. Its in my "expect a miracle" series. And I think I know how to do it, then boom I realize i dont think it will .'look real enough' for me.

I asked one person if she could make the white lion she had for sale, in a miniature, she said no, she only works from insperation! I may have it now, but havent tried it, it requires me to do the needle felting..

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #45700 
Aahnay

Laki, yep.. there is a really old old book, I couldnt draw anything for the life of me, because of the left side, it would say, oh I know how to draw that and draw some really ugly thing. But one of my foster boys brought home a book from school, drawing from the right side of the brain.

I had lots of drawing books, with all the how to's? you know lines, angles, shadows, but nothing like this one. I did every single assignment in it. I even got horrible headaches, but then one day, boom i was right braining...

I had often rightbrained, but they called it day dreaming hahahahahaha. Ok, well you could check it out, and play with it.. lol when you have time, when you are tired, then the left side will, go to sleep faster, . Look at the first one, not the newer ones.

Sorry, its just so relaxing when you are stressed out. And your work is beautiful, so ...

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese