Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #45771 
Sakura8

I've caught up and hello to all!

Aahnay, haha, actually, what I really want is a Segway. Buuuuut, I'd be worried someone would steal it. I wonder if you have to have a motorcycle license to have a Vespa.

I'd have to leave 25-30 gals of water somewhere to warm up for changing the 55gal, since I change half each week. Absolutely no place to do that. Don't know what I'm going to do in winter, except put in freezing cold hose water and hope it doesn't shock the poor guy too much. :( Probably start doing 25% changes in the winter so as to minimize the cold water going in.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #45772 
djembekah

I finally put Lily's container in the 29 to float, and warm her up, and she ate bloodworms. I felt like she was okay to move all the way back into the tank, and she's doing really well. still stress striped, but she WAS traumatized. I'm so grateful she's okay.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #45773 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yay! I knew she'd be okay!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #45774 
djembekah

yes! <3 i am obsessively checking her lots though.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #45775 
Silverfang

I have 5 ladies released! Two are still waiting in the wings (in treatment). One of the new ladies looks to have fin rot. Considering what happened to the other girls it's not surprising. Lets see if a few days of salt and a larger tank will heal her up.

I can already see which two are gonna rule the roost. Iris and my larger new lady. She is striking. I can see the flares and the tail slaps already.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #45776 
Yuuie

ah you know it's a good day when someone facebooks you in chat with i read you stole a baby XD. my sis and niece just popped over for a visit now they are off to dad's place
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #45777 
Silverfang

:/ getting the net ready to pluck out iris and stick her back in the breeder box.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #45778 
Aahnay

Yuuie: I used to be a manager for a new wendy, I loved it for the first year, it was so fast and furious and ll the ppl were great.. the summer and then school and lost like almost all. It was so crazy, I ended up on closing because no family (just divorced etc) and 90 percent i closed alone. and conversations between managers were crazy fighting for people, lol.

Yeah vespa requires motorcycle license in most states.. most 3 wheelers do too. but there is one I saw that doesnt, if you get the 49cc, but the 150 or up needs license.

Glad skuished fish is doing soooo much better! Will you laugh about it some day?

I posted a question under photos asking what inexpensive camera everyone uses.

My fish are in boise, just finally got there today at 3:31! they didnt leave their home for 24hrs! and the arrival got changed from 3 to 4 days. would like to know why they didnt go out!!!!!

I hope to finish the stand tonight and get the water in the 10 gal, get it divided and heated.. I think will put a leaf in instead of salt? is that ok?

The thing is, and i know this is odd, but true, the tank and stand go where the cat box is and I dont know where to put the cat box so skitty will feel safe! o.O

Ive been trying to find a new place for it for 2 years.. im watching war of the worlds, its at the part in the cellar where the crazy guy just got covered with blood, and is going bonkers!

The cat box is special.. easy clean.. the urine goes through and collects in a jug that has vinegar in it no oder... I actually want it to drain outside to one of the beds, close to tiny house.. but ... not sure where..

The litter right now is saflower seeds, but am replacing this time with plastic pellets, easier to clean. Sorry i digress, too much coffee!!!

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-22-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #45779 
djembekah

maybe i'll laugh someday, but i think i'm more likely to remember to put a lid on the cups when then come out of the tanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #45780 
Silverfang

:/ more I look at the new girl, worse off I realize her fins are. She's gonna have to get slowly bumped up on the salt.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese