Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #45851 
Aahnay

they are here! and alive, my stomach hurts... when I picked them up they were in the little priority box! I thought that was way too small for 2 fish, but they fit fine, w/ 1/2 of insole and topped with plastic bags... the one didnt move, omg, but hes fine.

I went to walmart first to get more supplies, and holy crap, the had females in!!!! I picked up 3 small ones, i think they are the same size as the new ones too.

I dont have anywhere to put them.. I mean 3 in qt, plus the shipped 2. but im set now on bettas!

The ones that were shipped are cellophane =( but I will love them =)

I have the 2 in with geargie, and I guess it took him maybe 3 minutes to start flaring are charging the bags, so hes in a cup at the opposite end, which is still too close.

Poor Georgie..... I couldnt make the stand yesterday, I have a table saw, a jig, a sawzall, and a chopper, and I couldnt use any of them!!!!!!!!!

Well I havent tried the jig yet, will try in a bit. My chopper is crooked, and the blade can tap the metal as it goes down, and I couldnt turn any of the screws to adjust it. heck oh dear...

Thanks all for being here when I needed some support! hehehehe poor ppl!
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #45852 
Silverfang

My alpha (unless Iris dethrones her when I let her back in).

I know it's not so good, she moves fast.

And look! Purply snails :)

Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #45853 
Sakura8

Silverfang, beautiful girl! And pretty snail.

So, to my utter lack of sad surprise, the little guy didn't make it. Also woke up to find one of my swordtail females dead for no reason. Now with only one of each, I had to move the male back to the 29gal because he was harassing the only lady. Have to get another girl. I believe I still have fry in there though.

And I don't think I'll be catching those darn kuhlis unless I rip the wisteria out, which is where the fry are hiding.

Olympia, once the labrador I was watching threw his hard rubber ball right in my face from point blank range. Whacked off my nose and he caught it on the rebound. I coulda strangled him. I like dogs but I'm not very fond of that one. He's awfully stupid considering labs are supposed to be smart.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #45854 
Aahnay

Lord, I ran out of room, dont have a heated place for one female. The male that was shipped, is opening his gills really wide.. I forget what that means though. Hes dying? amonia? I have one w female floating with the shipped female, the shipped female keeps going and flaring at the w fem o.O and the s fem ate already, lol she is fine, but the male..
Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #45855 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Silverfang, beautiful girl! And pretty snail.

So, to my utter lack of sad surprise, the little guy didn't make it. Also woke up to find one of my swordtail females dead for no reason. Now with only one of each, I had to move the male back to the 29gal because he was harassing the only lady. Have to get another girl. I believe I still have fry in there though.

And I don't think I'll be catching those darn kuhlis unless I rip the wisteria out, which is where the fry are hiding.

Olympia, once the labrador I was watching threw his hard rubber ball right in my face from point blank range. Whacked off my nose and he caught it on the rebound. I coulda strangled him. I like dogs but I'm not very fond of that one. He's awfully stupid considering labs are supposed to be smart.
Omg thats so funny! sorry he didnt make it.

Pretty girl indeed. I think they had a female plackat at wmart. or just a really big female, since ive not seen one, I dont know.

Olympia, omg keep some moving ice on it, just incase any veins got popped... it will help them heal and not sweel... dog didnt mean to do it... just excited. oh god

Laki: yeah hamsters are can be very timid. I used to cup in my hands with just a tiny bit of light, and well whisper to them, lol, then put down, wait a bit and do it again, I didnt corner them to do it, just moved slow..

I have something, I didnt make them, they are felted.. I love them, lol

My dobie moses used to come up to me and bonk under my chin, Im a mouth breather and it always clanged my teeth together .. but didnt hurt much except on my chin.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-23-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #45856 
Yuuie

hi all back from work only one more am shift and that is not tell the end of the month now on to some 11 to 7 with the odd closing shift in there.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #45857 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha, Mocha is a dobie too. She also stepped on my mom's foot really hard this morning. And is covered in scratches from hitting herself off of everything.
I prefer my big squishy boxer, I can just cuddle up to her and she doesn't move.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #45858 
TheCrabbyTabby

Hey everyone!! My new kindle will be here tomorrow. I am so excited.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #45859 
Silverfang

congrats crabby!

Sorry to hear about your boy Sakura, I would go back and get a refund, or pick up some supplies >.> I mean they had to now he was a goner. The poor poor boy. At least he died in warm water with someone who cared.

Reminds me of the girls I saw at petsmart, their excuse was alot of people had been sick that week. They had not had their water changed once since they got them in. Gonna see about stopping in tomorrow. Today was the new fish day.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #45860 
djembekah

hey all! glad to hear your fish arrived safe, Aahnay!

Hey Sakura- shoot me a pm about cory costs, and where to paypal you please!

Now i want to check out the Dedede thread....

Lily looks great! Her fins are a little off- its weird. Like they're still red like they are supposed to be, but there's white around the edges? it's weird to explain...here, witness my MS Paint skills...

so like, there is still red along with the white line on the fins...maybe its all part of the jumping trauma. I will keep an eye on her
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese