Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #46051 
Relic

Lots to do today! Have to drain two tanks, Then I'm gonna go walk the river bank and try to find a couple pieces of nice drift wood. Then I gotta come home and move some furniture so my new tank and stand will fit in the living room. Then I'm gonna set up the new tank. Then maybe mow the yard.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #46052 
Relic

Was going through all my aquarium stuff to see if I needed to buy anything for the new 30 gallon...it would appear that I have everything I need..woohoo. I've got a aquaclear 30 and a aquaclear 50, gonna put em both on the tank..got a heater big enough for it and lights. Was worried about having enough sand..but I found a full bag of pure clay kitty litter so I'll put that down as a base and then put the black sand over it. Was looking at some "cookie cutter" stocking ideas on a cichlid forum and the one I liked consists of a pair of angels,8 marbled hatchets and 5 cories...I like that one the best. I also have a place locally that I can buy a pair of established angelfish....though I'm gonna see what the breeder has to say about angels in my tank.....And I'm sure by the time the tank is cycled I will change my mind. I really want some shell dwellers but I cant get them locally and don't want to order online. Kuhli loaches would be awesome too....maybe 6-8 kuhli loaches and a group of serpae tetras.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #46053 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Gah, that's probably gonna happen to me too, Sakura. I've gotten all my betta in the past year. It's weird to think . . . of life without them. ;-;

I really want the Africans (big guys) and I really want goldfish. I mean, hey if I can have both, why not? o-o Riiight? Right?
I just can't imagine big dopey goldfish with "fierce" predators. But, bichir and ropes actually seem really dopey too. xD
I wanted black moors but Izzy said their eyeballs can pop out so they shouldn't be kept with other fish. O_O
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #46054 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Was going through all my aquarium stuff to see if I needed to buy anything for the new 30 gallon...it would appear that I have everything I need..woohoo. I've got a aquaclear 30 and a aquaclear 50, gonna put em both on the tank..got a heater big enough for it and lights. Was worried about having enough sand..but I found a full bag of pure clay kitty litter so I'll put that down as a base and then put the black sand over it. Was looking at some "cookie cutter" stocking ideas on a cichlid forum and the one I liked consists of a pair of angels,8 marbled hatchets and 5 cories...I like that one the best. I also have a place locally that I can buy a pair of established angelfish....though I'm gonna see what the breeder has to say about angels in my tank.....And I'm sure by the time the tank is cycled I will change my mind. I really want some shell dwellers but I cant get them locally and don't want to order online. Kuhli loaches would be awesome too....maybe 6-8 kuhli loaches and a group of serpae tetras.
Be ready to get rid of your angel pair. Some pairs will tolerate other tank mates, but an equal amount of spawning angels will kill every other fish they see.
We also had someone on TFK who got a group of 12 serpae with his cories (thinking they wouldn't bug the bottom dwellers), well it didn't end too pretty and he had to get rid of them.

Edit: lol I'm such a party pooper.

Edit II: Relic if you like the look of serpae, look into red phantom tetra. Same look but in a sweeter package.

Last edited by Olympia; 08-26-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #46055 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Gah, that's probably gonna happen to me too, Sakura. I've gotten all my betta in the past year. It's weird to think . . . of life without them. ;-;

I really want the Africans (big guys) and I really want goldfish. I mean, hey if I can have both, why not? o-o Riiight? Right?
I just can't imagine big dopey goldfish with "fierce" predators. But, bichir and ropes actually seem really dopey too. xD
I wanted black moors but Izzy said their eyeballs can pop out so they shouldn't be kept with other fish. O_O
Can you pop em back in like we can ours? Poor fish, but you know that sounds familiar.

Sakura, so sorry ... about fish and insomnia.

Go for it Olympia! and just do it. no nightmares so you will win!

hmm my babies are all the same age, heck oh dear.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #46056 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #46057 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good afternoon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #46058 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

LFS finally had more threadfin rainbows. Only girls though.. grr. Picked up 4 to amuse Mr. Tiny Fish. He doesn't understand what a school is anymore, poor guy.

LFS doesn't have any ryukin atm either.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #46059 
Laki

Your tank is having a hard time getting all ready! Never the fish you want around.

Back from work, feels like my feet are on fire.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #46060 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Youch. Time for a foot soak?
Laki, get this. Forget not getting in the ones I want. The species of bichir I want (rare in Canada), I thought I couldn't get in, but the manager said she can order them. . . They cost $50-60 each.
I've started applying for jobs. Don't know if they'd be worth it, but I can wait.
These ones cost $10-20:

These are the expensive ones, a lot more colourful:

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese