Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #46181 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Someone selling a hamster on kijiji:
"My daughter is wanting to get rid of her long haired teddy bear hamster. She has the cage, food and also treats to go along with who ever buys the hamster. It is a kid thing and went through a faze where she wanted it and now she is done and is looking to sell it for $80.00 includes everything you need for it."

A+ parent here!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #46182 
Sakura8

Crabby, that's a terribly irresponsible thing for your mother to do if she is fostering animals! Poor kitten!

Check the kitten's gums. Assuming this is not a black kitten, the gums should be pink and leave a white indentation if pressed with a finger. If they are very pale white, she is in shock. Also check her eyes. If they are dilated even under bright light, she could have a concussion. Make sure she drinks enough water. Touch the kitten's sides. Does she wince in pain? If so, the dog might have bruised or fractured ribs. If a fractured rib dislodges it could go into the lungs.

If she'll let you, wrap her up in a blanket to keep her warm, as she will get cold from shock. Maybe call your vet and ask if there is anything else you can do or any other signs of shock you should be aware of. It would be better to spend $40-60 for a checkup than to wait until any injuries she could have gotten become so serious that th vet bill becomes humongous. The foster group would not be happy with your mother.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #46183 
Relic

Got my tank done...yay!
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #46184 
djembekah

its lovely relic!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #46185 
Relic

Thanks! Water is still a bit cloudy due to the sand...but it should clear up soon.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #46186 
Sakura8

Relic, I love love the piece of wood! Is that an onion plant or crinum in the background?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #46187 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Relic, I love love the piece of wood! Is that an onion plant or crinum in the background?
Thanks! I found that at the river yesterday...I think it's white oak. I had to dril some holes in it and zip tie it to a piece of slate. The plant in the back ground is a banana plant....I actually had to trim it way down because it huge.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #46188 
Sakura8

Are you putting angels in that tank?

I had no idea banana plants got that tall.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #46189 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Are you putting angels in that tank?

I had no idea banana plants got that tall.
I hope to. I'm gonna talk to a local breeder tomorrow and hopefully get an established pair in a couple of weeks....the tank will be safe for fish in a couple of days but I wanna wait and see as I'm sure I'll have a couple of spikes since it's a new tank. The filter media is from an established tank and I seeded the substrate with some from the same tank...all reads well now, but I wanna be 100% sure....because if I buy an established pair it wont be cheap. I'd much rather have a young pair but I'll see what he has to say tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #46190 
djembekah

i want more and more plaaants
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese