Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #46271 
eaturbyfill

Yeah, Beany is really little. I'm just glad there's no harm done. If he does it again I'll be annoyed, though. My halfmoon is on the other side, and he's pretty aggressive.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #46272 
djembekah

scary Elizabeth!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #46273 
eaturbyfill

It really was >.< I looked over there and was like "Wait a second.. is there something swimming on the OTHER SIDE of the divider?!" I might have to adjust them more.. Darn it, Beany! You're usually such a good boy.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #46274 
FishyFishy89

My best friend seems to be looking into joining the Air Force for the wrong reasons. She is very emotional and can be emotionally reactive. I do feel she isn't mentally fit for the military.

College isn't going the way she wanted it to go. She wanted to become a veterinary assistant. But her science classes weren't going very well. She was getting pretty low grades and soon was dropping classes because they weren't going well and she felt she couldn't do any better in the classes.

She cannot find a job. To be honest, I feel she isn't applying as much as she claims she is. And her dad is pushing her pretty hard. Her and I were going to go into groomer's school together. However, my cleaning company didn't kick off the way I wanted it to. So I didn't have the extra money to start groomer's school. But since she was interested in becoming a groomer I told her I'd save up my money and she can go ahead and attend without me.

Well she brought it up to her dad. And her dad won't let her go to groomers school. He says she is trying to take the easy way out.

She is going to go see a recruiter tomorrow. If she basically tells the recruiter she is joining the Air Force because college isn't working out and she cannot find a job, etc etc, wouldn't they not recruit her?

It is my understanding that you should be devoted to join the military. You should be devoted to serving and defending your country. Not join the military like it is a day in and day out job just to get a paycheck.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #46275 
eaturbyfill

Hmm, I do agree with you, Fishy, those do sound like the wrong reasons.. if someone isn't devoted to the cause I doubt that it would go well. I have no idea if they would recruit her or not, though.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #46276 
Aahnay

hahaha, skittycat was running back and forth across my lap, odd behavior. I looked and she had a big wad of that sticky plastic wrap .. . stuck on her rear under her tail lol.

I dont understand how you could have the whole back side of a tank with that mess and the xmas moss on it, and not get fish stuck behind it. I remember, but forgot, I was going to email and find out how you do that.

im tired, wanted to go to bed an hour ago, lol. Night, thanks for the fast answers.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #46277 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Hmm, I do agree with you, Fishy, those do sound like the wrong reasons.. if someone isn't devoted to the cause I doubt that it would go well. I have no idea if they would recruit her or not, though.
Hubby has some friends whose been in the military, one who is currently active and he said their actually attempting to drop solders because of the recent economy decline. People lost a lot of jobs. And when no one was hiring they had no where else to turn to.

Now if their dropping solders, whats to say they won't turn you down right there if you are obviously joining for the wrong reasons.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #46278 
Sakura8

Fishy, she sounds depressed and like she has anxiety. Not a good fit for the military by any means. I should know, when I graduated from high school I wanted to enlist. Pretty glad I didn't, considering how the next few years went. I also think she may be getting too much pressure from her dad. :(

If she's honest to the recruiter, he hopefully will tell her this isn't a good fit and send her on her way.

How on earth did your cat get sticky wrap on her butt, Aahnay?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #46279 
eaturbyfill

I wish the best for her. I'd really hate for her to get into something else that would go wrong, that seems like it would just make her feel worse about things not working out.

Well, time for me to go take some notes before bed. Goodnight, everyone!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #46280 
Sakura8

Night Elizabeth!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese