Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #46281 
Aahnay

Fishy? Groomer can make big bucks, my mother held the record for gromming the longes years ever, from 1959-2001! She paid off her house, her cars, and raised my sister. She purchased some fantastic paintings, etc and did very well.

But its hard work. He doctor told her to quit and she refused, she wore the knuckle out on her scissor thumb, and finally the doctor bought some plastic stuff and made her a brace for her thumb! He knew how stubborn she was.

I Groomed to, while in jr, and high school and even later in college, I helped her in her shop for lots of extra bucks. But again, its very hard work on your hands and back, oh and neck.

Also, you get hair everyplace you dont want it! But you can take the skills anywhere and get a job.

Sorry, long winded.. Its not the easy way out. But if she can be ill tempered its not the job for her. You have to have the patience of a saint. You cant hang the dogs, you cant beat them and take out the fact some wiggle constantly and it wastes 3 hours and now you are late and wont be done till 11pm and xmas eve is tomorrow and you have 25 dogs on the books!
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #46282 
Aahnay

I just took out an open can of food and it was the same time as the filter thing and i just ripped the plastic off and fed her fast as i could.. so that wrap could have been anywhere between here and Georgie, lol. I wish i had a pic it was a huge piece, lol.

Yeah, I agree with sakura, she needs a break and a release. It too bad she dropped the classes, perhaps she took to many. If its a first time to college shouldnt take more than 10 credits the first quarter or semester, really.

She may also be too proud to ask for school help, but there are so many places to get help like that. I was very lucky, and one of my first classes, was how to learn. I loved that class.

Can she go back to school? I think that really is the best, or just take a simple easy job, and live a little. But if she is depressed, getting that job can be tough too.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-28-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #46283 
Aahnay

I dont know what these are but maybe they will go in the 20 too? marbled hatchets, or a peacock gudgeon, or harlequin rasboras. And someone said some pencil fish are peaceful? I dont know, night ..

and maybe some barbs
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #46284 
Sakura8

Pencil fish are peaceful but also prone to getting eaten by anything bigger than them (which is just about everything). :) Olympia has marble hatchet fish, that's what in her avatar.

Night!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #46285 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just read the last few pages of this thread and loved the convo about the snail uh, tentacle. Rofl
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #46286 
Yuuie

yay finally caught up and home from work. got out a little late because i was having a problem logging into tandom. think i added a extra 8 somewhere because it wouldn't let me in the first five times i tried to log in. tried once more after i did everything else and yay it lets me in XD. so had a moment there. then someone was sitting outside of walmart think a game or something was going on sale. it happens once or twice but i couldn't help them. told them i worked for mcdonalds but they could have the wrong store too there are three here in the city.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #46287 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Fishy, she sounds depressed and like she has anxiety. Not a good fit for the military by any means. I should know, when I graduated from high school I wanted to enlist. Pretty glad I didn't, considering how the next few years went. I also think she may be getting too much pressure from her dad. :(
Her dad does pressure her a lot. We've often thought he was bipolar. Often times he is very blunt and angry with her, not even an hour later is calling and apologizing o.O

Being honest and open with her father does create a lot of anxiety. Her mother is quite emotionally reactive as well. Her mother blew up on her because the dog hadn't been fed all day long. Which in all honestly isn't going to kill the dog and without a doubt her mom was feeding him scraps throughout that day.

She was undergoing counseling because of the stress her father was causing. About a few months into it she stopped because she felt more comfortable opening up with me and my therapy pug.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #46288 
Sakura8

DQ, yeah. It was an interesting convo all right. A little TMI about snail anatomy.

Yuuie, hi! Glad you logged in okay. I've done that trying to log into websites. Sometimes you just get one number off . . .

EDIT: Fishy, :( I feel for your friend. Sounds like she has a family history so no wonder things are going poorly for her. I'm glad she has a friend that she can talk to, though. When I was depressed and had anxiety, I didn't and that was the hardest part of all. A good friend really can mean so much to someone going through these problems. A good friend and a good dog. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #46289 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
Fishy? Groomer can make big bucks, my mother held the record for gromming the longes years ever, from 1959-2001! She paid off her house, her cars, and raised my sister. She purchased some fantastic paintings, etc and did very well.

But its hard work. He doctor told her to quit and she refused, she wore the knuckle out on her scissor thumb, and finally the doctor bought some plastic stuff and made her a brace for her thumb! He knew how stubborn she was.

I Groomed to, while in jr, and high school and even later in college, I helped her in her shop for lots of extra bucks. But again, its very hard work on your hands and back, oh and neck.

Also, you get hair everyplace you dont want it! But you can take the skills anywhere and get a job.

Sorry, long winded.. Its not the easy way out. But if she can be ill tempered its not the job for her. You have to have the patience of a saint. You cant hang the dogs, you cant beat them and take out the fact some wiggle constantly and it wastes 3 hours and now you are late and wont be done till 11pm and xmas eve is tomorrow and you have 25 dogs on the books!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post

Yeah, I agree with sakura, she needs a break and a release. It too bad she dropped the classes, perhaps she took to many. If its a first time to college shouldnt take more than 10 credits the first quarter or semester, really.

She may also be too proud to ask for school help, but there are so many places to get help like that. I was very lucky, and one of my first classes, was how to learn. I loved that class.

Can she go back to school? I think that really is the best, or just take a simple easy job, and live a little. But if she is depressed, getting that job can be tough too.
She didn't take that many classes. I think 4 classes in each semester? And each were on their own days. Sometimes both would be on the same day. But one would be in the morning the other the evening.

I mean supposedly she's tried hard to get a job. I'm not sure if she's being honest about that. I mean in the beginning she seemed like it. But it feels like she's gotten lazy about who's she is applying to.

I really think getting into grooming school would be best for her. I really don't know why her father is so against it. Considering her situation, going into the military would be the "easy way out" just as much as her going into grooming school.

I believe she's in her senior year at the college she's at. And she hasn't made much advancement.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 08-28-2012 at 01:57 AM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #46290 
Yuuie

yea think i was going 88 when it should of just been 8.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese