Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #46461 
Tikibirds

Phew - I was worried about my poor traveling snailies...
Quote:
I put them in a cup in the tank and cleaned the qts and then looked at the snails, one was out and sucking, another was part out, the others still waiting.
I'd give them a few hours to adjust. The ones in my 20G, if I skip on the WC's they hide in the shells but after I do a WC - within a few hours - i find them out and about then they hide a few days later. I dont think they like whatever my driftwood releases into the tank

I used cooler water to ship them in. I know they can handle cold temps and was hoping the newspaper would help keep the water cooler.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #46462 
Aahnay

tiki you still here? can i put the snails in my tank with georgie or do they have to be QT? In one bag there was white floaty stuff like tiny pieces of wet tp? was that snail poo? food?
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #46463 
Sakura8

I did a few practice feedings at the vet yesterday so I don't think it'll be too hard as long as she doesn't get too crabby. It's just that each feeding session takes about 30-60 minutes. o.O

Aahnay, you're probably right. Getting packages off and worrying about stuff . . .
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #46464 
Tikibirds

I think what you are seeing is their poo (which looks like little white or whiteish green stuff)..I fed them cucumber before I packaged them and then realized that probably wasn't a good idea.

Since they have been born and raised in my tank and not in the wild, I don't think you have to QT them. I have heard the wild ones can be hosts to parasites but I have had the parents since April. I have them in a tub with a CT and he is fine other then the fact that he usually eats their food before they get to it.

I would think it is OK to add them without QT since I have not had any issues with the bettas that have been in contact with them.

Sakura - I had to hand feed a chinchilla for a month and she needed to be fed 4-5 times a day. NEVER AGAIN!!

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-29-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #46465 
Aahnay

Ok ty, well they are all open except one medium sized one.... and the ones that are open are all attached to each other and the plastic fork thats in with them....
they are so cute... bigger then I thought too, thanks so much.

wait the ct ate their food? i could only get waldons algae discs? they are small, like the eraser on a pencil. There were big ones made by tetra but i didnt get them.. waldons had more protein, less fat etc. I dont know, lol.

I wonder if they can be used as ammonia testers? hide when water needs changing?

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-29-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #46466 
Sakura8

Tiki, I can imagine that would not be fun. Like feeding a newborn kitten.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #46467 
eaturbyfill

Ugh, I'm so mad.

High school was supposed me to teach the foundation for this. Did they? NOOOO. I'm actually fairly decent at math, I got a 25 on that part of the ACT even though there was stuff I had never seen.

Sorry to rant about this so much, but it's just really grating on my nerves...
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #46468 
Sakura8

Elizabeth, *hugs* It's just the first week. I promise, once you get into the swing of things, you'll do fine. :)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #46469 
Tikibirds

Quote:
and the ones that are open are all attached to each other and the plastic fork thats in with them....
they are so cute... bigger then I thought too, thanks so much.
LOL - yeah they do that. I think they are eating the algae or something of each others shells.

As for the CT and the food...I get these things from walmart called tank nibblers (basically small algae pellets but you can stick them onto the tank wall) Anyways, the bettas LOVE them, more then I think the snails do

I also use tropical fish flakes but the betta eats them all too I'm trying some lettuce out tonight but that will prpbably end up rotting in the fridge before i use even 1/2 of it
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #46470 
Aahnay

lol, yeah i saw those there, but they have meat in them, lol. these are the ones I got.. Shoot that one hasnt opened yet..hahaha not waldons. im exhausted and full. a bit early to go to bed, only 8
Attached Images

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-29-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese