Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #46651 
Silverfang

Friend of the family met one... antlers first into the front of his big rig. He was fine, but did 30,000$ in damage.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #46652 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Pond snails fertilize their own eggs I'm pretty sure. Unless the snail is teeny tiny a betta shouldn't be able to eat it, Laki.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #46653 
Aahnay

ohohohoh i want angels so much, grats bekah, you must life right!

My new fish arrived belly up. Its bigger than the ones she sent before. I feel so bad. I think he was too cold. Hes been that way a while too, the water is very mirky. Poor little guy.... He was really pretty...
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #46654 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
hahahahaha

In yellowstone, long time ago, we got pics of a moose and her baby .. they were crossing the river, and heading to the tall grass, was very cool.

I had a very fat opossum living under my little shed in seattle. I was a bit afraid of it, but it didnt growl or show its teeth, i left it be. I was afraid the cats and it would fight, but never saw that. It didnt stay long, or hid.

Sure was cute. I had a whatchabe a long time ago too. Didnt know what it was, neighbors caught it in their garden. Turns out it was a ground hog, lol. So cute. It could flatten itself down to nothing and get out of the cage. Found it under the bed once.

It let me pet it, and feed it. I called to find out the best place to turn it loose.. and turned it loose. God it was sooo cute. It looked really big, but it kinda folded itself on itself whe sitting up in the cage, lol.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-31-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #46655 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sorry to hear about the new fish Aahnay, was this the replacement?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #46656 
Aahnay

Yeah it was, and he was much bigger than the ones i got, shoot, and thank you. I was so excited to get him, and heck its so hard. I dont feel like waiting for another replacement just now. You know? So much stress.

But if you are mailing fish, add heat now, as he was ice cold. it took 4 days, dropped off tues am and arrived frid am.

Olympia? is Kamikazi ok? I hope so, would love some good news.

I bought those plant bulbs at wmart? and some grew some didnt? and two of them made these huge flowers, white.. I let the first ones stay a long long time, but then started pinching them off.

The bulb would get huge then out popped a flower or two? Well, this tank also had the xmas ferns in it, and I pulled them out and put in the mesh and back in the tank, but some i didnt put back and is still in the little tub, in the window?

I had noticed roots, about 1 inch or so, just floating by themselves. and mostly sucked em up in cleaning.

But one is in the little tub, and it now has two very very tiny leaves!!!!

I would guess it came from those flowers, and I should have let them be! I will find out.

I also rescued the last 2 girls from wmart. now have 5 girls. I hope they will get along, cause i dont have room for them all in separate places. But wmart got a huge shipment in, and the two girls were hidden in the back.

I have to say, they have some of the prettiest fish there now, omg. Some are white with colored tails, some are that to die for paler blue with other color tails, and some are that blue with green, and omg, so many. I wish my stupid phone could email pics.. its broken.. so cant.

I found 3 I would have purchased if they would have been there when georgie was there, georgie would be under the rainbow bridge instead of loving me now. Funny how things turn out.

I wonder if you can use the seal a meal bags for fish? They are food grade, but not breathable.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-31-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #46657 
Aahnay

I had a very long chat with one of the store mangers, he called me at home like at 9pm. I explained everything I could think of, or rem about taking care of bettas. He said he would talk to the girls.

He remembered they had one girl who put them in the hang on tanks a long time ago, I said yeah I rem that too.

The 2 girls I got today have been there for a week, and their water was clean, and they were alive. So thats a nice hopeful sign.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #46658 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
I saw a fish in the pet store and it said "Ghost glass catfish". Went online to check and saw a picture. The two were different.

Anyone know what fish it is? It looks like a ghost glass catfish combined with a zebra danio.. Or is it just another color, species?
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #46659 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sorry Aahnay, no good news, went to check on Kamikaze after dinner and he's gone. RIP little guy, never even got to know you . . .

Ken, I have no clue what you're talking about. Can you describe the fish you saw a little better?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #46660 
Aahnay

Im sorry Olympia.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese