Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #47951 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha, we have 3 feet on the ground at times.

Try tilapia fillets. Really they catch on fast. Mine chased the toothbrush I use around like crazy after one feeding.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #47952 
djembekah

lol. if i can find a good deal on tillapia fillets, then i'll pick one up for the frog xD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #47953 
Sakura8

I. Need. Sleep. Hey sleep neurologist, you thought my sleep hygiene was bad before? Ha! You thought I was depressed before? Ha!

Laki, are the white dots round? Lots of them, especially near the substrate? If so, you got yourself a whole mess of baby snails. If they are not round but rather longish instead, then they are most likely planaria. Harmless but do a big water change to suck 'em out and then cut back on feeding.

Bekah, yeah, the usual ratio for livebearers is 1 male to 2 females so technically you're okay.

I really want the baby electric catfish at my other LFS. It's still there and it looks so skinny. I want to fatten it up. But I'm so afraid it and Sparky wouldn't get along since I've heard electocats are solitary in the wild.

Bekah, how's Gaeb?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #47954 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Can you not find any info online, Sakura?

My friend Atilla:

I am SO in love with that photo^ She looks so silly with the leaf on her head.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #47955 
Sakura8

Atilla is so fat!

:/ So far I haven't been able to find anything on keeping two electocats together, only on what could happen if you keep an electocat with something else. But the pic in my fish profile book shows two of them laying next to each other . . .

Got the replacement parts for the filter. Now I just need to work up the energy to fix it. Everyone wave goodbye to my good bacteria.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #47956 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Does it say anything about them being territorial? If they aren't territorial, I can't see the harm. I don't think they go around shocking their own kind, that'd be very impractical.

Atilla is actually a perfect weight for a female frog, believe it or not.

-byebye bacteria!-
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #47957 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh, Sakura..
" I don't know of anyone (outside of public aquariums) who has kept two of them together successfully for any period of time."
http://www.fishchannel.com/freshwate...c-catfish.aspx
Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #47958 
djembekah

do pregnant females typically hang around and hide, or just sit on the bottom? Buttercup concerns me, but i have no experience with live bearers except these three.

also, Gaeb looks pretty good. He still doesn't seem hungry, but he's pooping so he must be eating when i walk away. His lip might have a little trace of fuzz, but it also might just be his lip color. I'm going to watch him, and continue the twice daily baths, at least until next week.

and Frogger is really good at being super cute.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #47959 
Sakura8

Do you think I should still try it? I wish I had a bigger tank. It probably would work better in a bigger tank. That 55gal is awfully small.

EDIT: Bekah, yes, pregnant livebearers do tend to get very still and hang when they are close to giving birth. Look at Buttercup, do you see a dark spot just to the rear of her fat belly? That's her gravid spot. The darker it is, the closer she is to giving birth.

Yay for Gaeb!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #47960 
Mo

newest pic of my new Killie

Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese