Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #48132 
Relic

Poor lil feller doesn't look to happy.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #48133 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

A big syno, bichir, angel, poor little cory in a 20 gallon? What are you talking about it's perfect! Apparently it's a skinny angel too, but I can't tell these things, I only know to look at the eyes.

I bought one of these heaters (200W) yesterday, I am in love with it. Instead of that obnoxious red light on every. single. heater. it has a light blue light that isn't an eye sore, and it's PRETTY. A pretty heater! Crazy concept! Oh yea, works great, totally worth $45.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #48134 
eaturbyfill

Thank you so much. I wish I could have saved more of the fish.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #48135 
Relic

I noticed this morning that there is a gap under the center of my 30 gallon tank, between the frame and stand! It's about 1/8"...all 4 corners and the 2 ends are flat against the stand and I don't notice any bowing in the tank. Think it'll be alright? I've planned on getting a new stand anyway, but it won't be for another couple of months. If I have to do it sooner then I will, but I'd really hate to have to move it all rite now.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #48136 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
A big syno, bichir, angel, poor little cory in a 20 gallon? What are you talking about it's perfect! Apparently it's a skinny angel too, but I can't tell these things, I only know to look at the eyes.

I bought one of these heaters (200W) yesterday, I am in love with it. Instead of that obnoxious red light on every. single. heater. it has a light blue light that isn't an eye sore, and it's PRETTY. A pretty heater! Crazy concept! Oh yea, works great, totally worth $45.
I've always wondered why no one has came out with a heater that doubles as decor...maybe,, make it look like a piece of driftwood or something
Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #48137 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That one is supposed to reflect the surroundings, it'll turn green once I put plants around it, so excited to see how well it works.
If you have a canister filter, you can get a special heater for the inside (inline heater) that's supposed to distribute heat well, but they are expensive. But, no junk on the back of the tank.
One of my stands is bowing. But there's no gap between the tank and stand. We have a piece of plywood cut, ready to go for extra support (worked on the other stands), just emptying a tank and lifting it is so much hassle.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #48138 
Mo

All of my heaters are red and I didn't even notice it , lol
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #48139 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
That one is supposed to reflect the surroundings, it'll turn green once I put plants around it, so excited to see how well it works.
If you have a canister filter, you can get a special heater for the inside (inline heater) that's supposed to distribute heat well, but they are expensive. But, no junk on the back of the tank.
One of my stands is bowing. But there's no gap between the tank and stand. We have a piece of plywood cut, ready to go for extra support (worked on the other stands), just emptying a tank and lifting it is so much hassle.
I put extra support on the stand before I put the tank on...I replaced all the crappy braces with 2x4 and 2x6 lumber...but like a dummy I kept the particle board top...I should of replaced that part as well. From what I understand most of the weight is on the four corners of a tank, and since those are sitting flat, hopefully I won't have an issue. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and if the gap gets any bigger I'll do something about it.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #48140 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Do you think my baby platies are growing so slowly because I am feeding them regular flakes??
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese