Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #48581 
eaturbyfill

Yayyy!

I'll copy and paste this one from a message I sent to Sakura so I don't have to type it again: "The rats are little darlings. When we first brought them home, they peeked up at me from the carrying box and let me pet them. I held them one at a time while Jake was taking care of some finishing touches on the cage (Yeah, I know I was supposed to wait a few days, but I couldn't help myself). They let me rub them and ran around all over me until each one found their way into my hair. Lucy, our albino and more skittish one, likes to dig through my hair and sit there and groom herself. The black and white one, Trouble, likes to sleep up there. We let them play on the bed, too. I laid down to rest with them and they explored, climbing around in my shirt this time. And one kept sniffing my ear and digging through my hair. Then they fell asleep and rested with me. They are little tickle monsters!!! Their little feet and whiskers tickle so much. One time, we tried putting them in a playpen. They got scared and so we took them back. I cried because I thought they were mad at me, lol. They seemed like they knew it hurt my feelings. They acted really mopey until we took them out and I played with them again. They were easy to catch that time, too. They just sat there looking sad. I just think it's interesting how their mood always seems to match mine."

Here's a couple more! Trouble is the nibbler (hence the name Trouble) and I was laying around with my rats on the bed as usual. The little girl bit my hand a little too hard so I squeaked. I'll be darned if the cutie didn't give a quiet squeak back, lick where she bit me, and then come lick me once on the cheek and curl back up in my shirt. She acted like she was sorry. It was so sweet.

And today! I noticed how happy they're getting whenever I walk by the cage and talk to them. They climb up the side excitedly to say hello to me. (: I opened the cage to give them a treat and they were crawling all over the place, up my arm, and on the cage door, trying to get to me. I just took them out a little bit ago, and they were acting all hyper. Then, they curled up to me and went to sleep when we got them out! Jake said it's like they just wanted to get out to cuddle.

It's really neat how different their personalities are! They really are individuals. Sweet little Trouble is adventurous and then gets all sleepy, while little Lucy would rather cuddle most of the time.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #48582 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ohh man my bunny would lunge teeth and claws at anyone other than me.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #48583 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yeah. I want either bunnies or guinea pigs some day.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #48584 
djembekah

awe Elizabeth you are a good rat mommy :) they sound like precious girls!

edit: my baby sister Lucy (who's actually almost 4) is super sassy xD

Last edited by djembekah; 09-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #48585 
Tikibirds

I took my sisters 10G and divided it 3 ways BUT its gonna be difficult if I have to do any matience on the tank as there is hardly any room for me to fit my hand into the shelf. The 20G is on the next shelf up and i'll be damed if I am gonna tear that down to adjust shelf height

it has a heater but now I need another filter
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #48586 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
awe Elizabeth you are a good rat mommy :) they sound like precious girls!

edit: my baby sister Lucy (who's actually almost 4) is super sassy xD
Thanks! They appreciate the compliment. (: I love them and all my pets so much.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #48587 
djembekah

i love all your names for your pets Elizabeth. So cute :)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #48588 
Sakura8

Catching up.

Bekah, yes, guppies can go with betta females in most cases. Try to get all males otherwise you'll have guppy babies coming out of your ears. Especially you, oh fish fertility goddess.

I love dogs because they are so awesome and you can take them places but I love cats because that's what I've been raised with. I know I'll never be without a cat.

Silverfang, huh. I have a Fluval C-something. So noisy I went back to Aquaclear. Fluval is supposed to be a really good, really high-end brand (if the price is anything to go by) but apparently not in the power filter department. Although, Aquaclears and Fluvals are made by the same company, Hagen.

For the last time fish, fry food is for the FRY! *glares at honey gouramis and flagfish*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #48589 
djembekah

xD I'm sure i'll have baby swordtails coming out of my ears in a week or two. Maybe i will try to get pretty guppy boys to go with my girls. Maybe not though. I would probably need a better filter, or at least a bunch of plants!

i could steal your guppy boy Sakura, is what i was hinting xD if, only if they could go with my girls
Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #48590 
TheCrabbyTabby

I need to take my meds for today. I fell asleep late last night and woke up today at 5:30 in the afternoon today, neglecting to take my meds. I think I should do that right now.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese