Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #4881 
Yuuie

lol yep my little sister got me into that show and sadly no my girl is gone T.T
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #4882 
Bettawolf19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRockyHorror View Post
Does a few of my new crowntails rays starting to curl mean he's got (or getting) Finrot? Also, how long should I QT him?
I've heard that when crowntail's tails/crowns curl its because the water is to hard. -shrugs- Mine seem to be fine least Oscar's is Blackbird's are starting to curl and poor Solo's fins are tangled since I got him. My water reads at 8.5ish I think? I think ph is equal to hardness vs softness XD
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #4883 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuie View Post
lol yep my little sister got me into that show and sadly no my girl is gone T.T
Aww. I'm sorry you lost her. I wonder what made her jump. How is your newest betta doing? Number 16? Guess he's number 15 now that you lost your girl.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #4884 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettawolf19 View Post
I've heard that when crowntail's tails/crowns curl its because the water is to hard. -shrugs- Mine seem to be fine least Oscar's is Blackbird's are starting to curl and poor Solo's fins are tangled since I got him. My water reads at 8.5ish I think? I think ph is equal to hardness vs softness XD
8.5 is hiiiiigh. They adjust to it but still, that's high. Mine is 7.4-7.8, can't quite tell the colors apart between the two. But I don't think ph is equal to hardness etc because my water is super soft; we have a water softner and I still have high pH. So maybe the fins curl when the pH is high and water hardness/softness has nothing to do with it?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #4885 
Yuuie

i'm thinking something caught her attention and she tried to get it. Must of been after a fly just wish i had taken a better look. and my new guy is doing fine
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #4886 
Neil D

My water is 7.8.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #4887 
Bettawolf19

I get my water directly fromt he ground because I have well water. Lol My house sits on like 30 ft of sand lol. Everyone seems fine and I rather not mess with it but let them all adjust to it.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #4888 
Sakura8

Probably the best thing. I mean, they will adjust so unless you're trying to breed neon tetras or something, you'll be fine.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #4889 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuie View Post
i'm thinking something caught her attention and she tried to get it. Must of been after a fly just wish i had taken a better look. and my new guy is doing fine
She didn't have a lid on her tank? I have to have lids, what with 8 cats. If you don't have a lid, you could always put clingwrap with holes poked in them. I have to do that for my guppies' QT tank.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #4890 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
@ betta boy. Please use a bit better (betta?) grammar, it's not really my place to say so, but it's a tad annoying. don't mean to sound rude, sorry if I came off that way.

Yes he definitely needs a heater. I saw his pics, he's all clamped up.

sorry if my grammar offends you, but im no linguist, i'm a physicist lol! i relly dont care ...once people understand what i mean :)
bettaboyshiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese