Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #49041 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I've been using expensive body shop shampoo/conditioner. It's been making my hair nasty and greasy. Switched to some cheap grocery store brand and my hair is lush again.
Body shop always screws me over. The day I found out their deodorant doesn't work on me was awful.
I don't use an expensive shampoo/conditioner. I just grab some Pantine Pro-V (medium-thick) off of the shelve and use that every other day. I use the medium thick formula because my hair is on the thick side. In fact, its so thick it rips out bristles from the brush. Its kind of annoying going through all the brushes I do.

I don't have thick strands per say, they are actually quite thin and brittle, but when you get a whole bunch of them together, they are plenty thick. That and my hair has this natural wave/slight curl to it, so it knots up a lot when I sleep. It also is a pain in the backside to blow dry. That's why I usually opt to let it air dry when I can, to save my arm the aches it gets when I use the blow dryer.

I find that washing it every other day is the best because washing too much causes an imbalance of the natural oils in your scalp so it goes into overdrive to compensate. It also helps keep the chance of getting head lice down because they like really really clean hair the best (supposedly helps them to navigate the strands better and reproduce ).

Another thing I hate about my hair is that when I wear a winter cap, it slips up and off.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #49042 
Laki

Didn't know that about the lice! lol I wash with baking soda mixed in a cup with water, therefore there's no chance of it drying out the chemicals in my hair! Also my head doesn't stink up a room with the smell of shampoo. Ugh, I hate that.
My Chrome shockwave keeps crashing. No idea why but it's driving me.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #49043 
Silverfang

YAY! I don't have to register for a second course after all! *does a dance*
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #49044 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lmao, I don't need hair advice. I have the softest hair in the world, according to my hair dresser and friends. xD My hair dresser says it's because I never put it up, which makes sense to me.

I only buy stuff from the Body Shop because they use a few community trade ingredients, but, if their stuff doesn't work, sorry don't wanna help you out Africa. -_-
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #49045 
Laki

I haven't bought anything from Body Shop in my life. Finds their prices ridiculous. I'm simply too poor, plus I keep it as simple as I can.. Minus my mascara. Needs that.
FINALLY figured out an app ("what's app") in which I can send and receive picture messages. Anyone want to text? lol
Been spamming my sister all day.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #49046 
Silverfang

Shampoo.. heh, I use something with a soft and light scent. Generally scent free and or sensitive skin products.

Only body shop stuff I used is a bit of facial cleanser, it's really nice. With an occasional mask.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #49047 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ohh, I bought a bunch of body washes there. They were on sale, $1 for 250mL bottle, wasn't too bad. Only satisfied with their body washes, actually. xD I hear you on the expensive thing, I shop in the "sale" section of everywhere!
I love the face masks from Lush, but they only last 3 weeks. xD

Haha, for my best friend's birthday I got her a face mask and 2 bath bombs from lush, a pair of candles from bath and body works (her two favourite scents in the world, pineapple and clean laundry!) and some timothy hay (her request). Was like, $40. O_o Oh, and after I chipped in for a penguin we adopted her from WWF was another $10.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #49048 
Laki

Bath and Body Works. = love.
Actually, only half love. I don't like all the perfumes and stuff in there. Loves the candles (just finished my pineapple one actually) and handsoaps and some lotions.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #49049 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The candles there are way too expensive. $13 for a little candle? Poopy. They were 2 for 1 though, so I bought her a pair of them.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #49050 
Laki

I haven't bought any since the 2 for 25$ sale. Which was months ago. Then we were at Dominion (loblaws) and found a smores candle for like 6$.

Excited!! I have a tattoo consultation Thursday!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese