Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #49231 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

My 2 goldfish I got are spending about 50% of the time on the ground. I'm so confused.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #49232 
Sakura8

Aha, so you got goldfish! Yay!

What's the temp? Maybe they are warm?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #49233 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
My 2 goldfish I got are spending about 50% of the time on the ground. I'm so confused.
I hope they're okay. I love little goldies.

I totally don't want to offend by this, so please don't take it badly, but goldfish are so dumb that it's cute. At least, the ones I've seen. They're just like "I'm a fish, om nom nom." I think it's precious.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #49234 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Temp is 78 which should be fine, I turned the heaters down a smidge though. They are doing better now, swimming around but they are staying close to the bottom. o.O Might be shocked at the 5x bigger tank. Not breathing fast, seem pretty normal.
I got an oranda and a lionhead right now.. Nothing else caught my eye, everything sold.

I'm sick with a cold and have no energy, I can't even get off the couch now. x.x
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #49235 
Sakura8

Elizabeth, that's how I feel about my electocat Sparky. :) So ugly he's cute, so boring he's interesting.

78 seems awfully high for even fancy goldfish. I would knock it all down to 76 F. Most tropical fish are overheated. With the exception of fish from shallow and still waters, many trops should be kept around the mid 70's.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #49236 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yess, I didn't even realize it had gotten that high. But, 78F is fine for fancies, Izzy said the admin of her goldfish site place thing, keeps hers at 78F.
The stupid heater is like 24C and then 27C. That's 75F and then 80F. So yea I turned it back down to 24C. xD
Old 09-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #49237 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Yess, I didn't even realize it had gotten that high. But, 78F is fine for fancies, Izzy said the admin of her goldfish site place thing, keeps hers at 78F.
The stupid heater is like 24C and then 27C. That's 75F and then 80F. So yea I turned it back down to 24C. xD
I know fancies and commons are sort of different, but mine really doesn't seem to care what the temperature is.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #49238 
Sakura8

Wow. 78 still seems so high. Even tetras and barbs shouldn't be kept that high, more like around 75-76. Huh, live and learn.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #49239 
thekinetic

I just had a great ice cream sandwich, the cookie was crunchy and the ice cream smooth. My tummy is all kinds of happy right now! ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #49240 
Sakura8

Too close to dinner now. Mother would kill me if got the ice cream sandwiches out of the freezer. Think we have Drumsticks in there too.

Now that Lyssie's out of the bathroom, I have that 3gal Tetra LED tank and I want to turn it into a planted tank with moss and java fern and dwarf lilies so bad. Can't afford the substrate OR the plants though. Bah. And the crypts I put in Sherm's tank are stagnating. Not growing, not dying. They look almost fake for all I can tell.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese