Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #49281 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Pilot00 I hope you have a very relaxing weekend. *hugs*

Hello everyone! Since the weather has been wacky in Chicago I'm starting to feel sluggish. I fear I'm coming down with a cold. :( I so can't be sick right now. I hope you all are having a better day. :)
Hugs back*

You all have been so good with me from the start!

Hope its all ok, i almost got a cold when I came to Sweden, but i think i got over it. Keep drinking warm liquids. Camomile and green tea are the best.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #49282 
Laki

Green tea is my love.
Hope you feel better. ALL day in school people have been sneezing and coughing and hacking. Ugh. I know they feel miserable, I wish they would just stay home! I have a pretty good immune system but I'm not a god. Viral infections hit me hard when I do get sick.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #49283 
eaturbyfill

Only two hours and fifteen more minutes of work.. then I can upload some pictures of hamsters and go to sleep.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #49284 
Aahnay

Love all those pics, thanks for sharing.

Yuuie? what game is that?

Olympia, wow so happy for you. I too thought the temp was lower for them, since they could winter over if the water was deep enough. Perhaps you could make a spot that looks like where they lived before? That is lot of room and only the two of them now.

Pasta, i love it so much. If I dont have any, i just mix up some flour and egg in the the box, and pinch off pieces and drop in the water, lol. Very fast, I always use garlic on it, or onion. Yummmmmmm.

Olive oil with garlic and its good to go! ketchup and powdered sugar, or ketchup and maple syrup, yummmmmm, instand bbq .

Well today is the day to put SHARK back in the tank, and i dont want to. I dont want to watch for damage... it happens so quickly. They loved the first cave thing i made, so I made another, and now they dont use either of them? lol they do like the floating island though.

OH, I wanted to say how i made that o.O. small, like 6inch swimming rings of various colors onsale for 2 bucks at wmart. I actually got them to weave in and out of each other for some geometric that they could play in. But took one, and cut plastic mesh to fit in the center, then put 2 of the floaty rolls (one in each of the rings) in the ring.

It floats about 1 inch below the surface with the plant on it. Hope to get it lower with more stuff. Not sure how to keep the barbie things from floating etc. Is fun.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #49285 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well common goldfish don't mind the lower temperatures. But fancies can't be kept under 70F.
Their tank at the store was a 20 gallon, with nothing in it. There was a loach that was sucking on them though. I don't think they miss it.
They are actually all over the place today, but the oranda will still hide when I come up to the tank.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #49286 
eaturbyfill

Your fancies are adorable, Olympia. I wish I could hug fish sometimes, yours are really super cute. Makes me want fancies.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #49287 
Laki

They are cute- don't know if I mentioned that already. I really like black moors. The size tank we would need is ridiculous though, Matt doesn't want to help maintain it so I'll just stick with my small tanks for now.

Meeting my mom for coffee now. BUT I had a coffee at school and now I'm sick. I need fewd. YES Aahnay, fresh pasta is simply delic. Matt's mother always sends us Italian flour and when we have the time we make fresh pasta. SO delicious it's unreal.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #49288 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I love black moors. I'd get one but their eyes can pop out, they are for goldfish only tanks. Might be possible depending on whatever else I decide to put in there now, something gentle wouldn't be a problem.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #49289 
Silverfang

I want to rescue a pair of fan shrimp from the LFS, I know they are starving :/
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #49290 
Laki

What are fan shrimp?? And where are they starving to?

Omg teeth are like dying from tim hortons smile cookies.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese