Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #49371 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Dang!!! I saw a mouse...
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #49372 
Sakura8

Catch it and make it into a pet!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #49373 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
No thanks... Am not a big fan of rodents.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #49374 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, that's exactly how my mystery snail was when I found it dead. If it wasn't dead then, it sure is now because it went into the trash.
I feel better now. I threw him in the yard. I didnt want to risk the stench that was sure to follow...

Becka - YAY. But my mother is is going to KILL me...snails and 4 plecos arriving in the mail next week. Oh My

Speaking of snails - I should go retrive the 10 snails I dumped into my sisters goldfish tank. I know her bioload is through the roof but I LOVE to annoy her by going into her room, staring at the tank and telling her I am checking on my snail farm extension . It annoys me though - they LOVE her 20G tall and climb all over the walls. Not so much love for my 20G - only after a water change. Maybe I should try a different type of driftwood?

Now that Perry (who was supposed to live with Phinneas and Ferb but never did) passed on to snaily heaven, maybe now I can get a light colored apple snail like I originally wanted from petco..if they ever get any in. Their fish tanks have been pathetic lately.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #49375 
Sakura8

Ken, then uh . . . get a humane mouse trap?

Tiki, I think the driftwood is the issue. It softens the water and acidifys it. No more driftwood if you want happy snailies.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #49376 
djembekah

so i thought i was down to the one baby snail i was keeping after I shipped yours, came home, and Darroh's latest teeny thing was climbing the wall. xD

my snails are happy with my drift/bogwood!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #49377 
Sakura8

According to one source I read, they're only supposed to breed like twice a year. Apparently for Darroh, each breeding session lasts 6 months.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #49378 
Tikibirds

Awwwh but don't the plecos need driftwood? I guess they can live in the snail tub..its pretty big

I think trapdoors are the same way. They breed and then give birth to a new one every day for several days
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #49379 
Sakura8

Oh that's true. The plecos do like their driftwood. Try Malaysian driftwood instead of Mopani. Maybe that'll make a difference. Technically . . . if you boil it long enough, it shouldn't be leaching out any tannins anyway.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #49380 
djembekah

then Darroh will be having babies forever xD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese