Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #49531 
Aahnay

I cannot post any pics, no camera and phone take them but refuses to mail them.. had the company test my service and they could mail, so the phone is broken, lol.

I talked about him/her in a thread, named her SHARK, because she chased everyone for 1. 5 days, so I gave her timeout. then put her back in yesterday and all seemed much calmer, and today too.

But then i looked up and she was completely wrapped about the blue, held for a bit and then took the eggs to the nest.. She did too, but then she started stealing them and was swimming with them then dropped them because of the comotion. I just took all girls out all fake stuff, etc. i dont know what to do.

There arent many eggs. he/she flares really big, and from the site it said to see if the skin is over it also as thats a male, but i cannot tell.

the hangydown things arent longer thatn the others, like my little boy. But that flare is huge!

walmart doesnt carry males this small either and not halfmoon, or his tail is a big D I was thinking he/she could be a placket, I didnt take time to go back and try to figure it out. she was always moving..

Last edited by Aahnay; 09-23-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #49532 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
I cannot post any pics, no camera and phone take them but refuses to mail them.. had the company test my service and they could mail, so the phone is broken, lol.

I talked about him/her in a thread, named her SHARK, because she chased everyone for 1. 5 days, so I gave her timeout. then put her back in yesterday and all seemed much calmer, and today too.

But then i looked up and she was completely wrapped about the blue, held for a bit and then took the eggs to the nest.. She did too, but then she started stealing them and was swimming with them then dropped them because of the comotion. I just took all girls out all fake stuff, etc. i dont know what to do.

There arent many eggs. he/she flares really big, and from the site it said to see if the skin is over it also as thats a male, but i cannot tell.

the hangydown things arent longer thatn the others, like my little boy. But that flare is huge!
Oh wow O_O
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #49533 
Aahnay

also, my tiniest female kept going to her, and just sit there for a bit then when SHARK turned to her she swam away really fast, i thought that was odd.

i thought he had an egg spot too, but crap im so new to these i dont know know. But no bubble nest, and I had him in a divided tank with another girl before going into the the 10 sorority together, and I never saw him/her flare, till in the tank.
sorry im so verbose.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #49534 
djembekah

I thought Zeddie was a girl, then he chased the girls lol

Reuban looked like this first

now he's super bright!

djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #49535 
eaturbyfill

Pretty! :D
Old 09-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #49536 
djembekah

he is pretty. It amazes me how much they grow and change!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #49537 
eaturbyfill

I sat in the play pen with my gerbils today. Little goofy balls of fur. They'd crawl under and around me like I was a jungle gym xD It makes me happy they're not afraid. I wish they were still enough to be petted. They are ridiculously soft!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #49538 
Sakura8

Aahnay, it really sounds like you got a male in your sorority. Don't do any water changes or anything to disturb the water surface. Maybe even turn the filter off. After about 24-36 hrs you should see little fry hanging from the eggs.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #49539 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

But, does she want little fry, is the question..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #49540 
Sakura8

That's true. If she doesn't, then just suck up the eggs with a turkey baster and discard.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese