Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #49741 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Old ladies amuse me.
you should of met my grandmother - stereotypical NY Italian, she was
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #49742 
Yuuie

yay got my cleric up to 55% today but had to log off for maintance. glad to see the site is loading normaly now. it was so slow earlier that i didn't try much, just hit refresh and watched it load in the background while i waited.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #49743 
TheCrabbyTabby

My grandmother, my maternal grandmother, was a devout Catholic, and a retired nurse. She was your stereotypical grandmother. Little, white haired, and as sweet as sugar. She made lots of good food, and she baked things that were out of this world. I have yet to eat a pie that holds a candle to hers. There have been close seconds, though. She even sewed a lot. Her favorite was needlework and doilies. I have some of her work hanging on my bedroom wall, in fact. She has since passed though.

My paternal grandmother, is still alive. She is a laugh and a half. She is a no nonsense, doesn't skirt around things, not afraid to get her fingers dirty type of grandmother. She used to teach in a one room school house, across the way from Grandpa's family farm. They married and had 6 kids, three of which were identical female triplets. She helped moved the family to Grandpa's family farm while 8 months pregnant with them. They were to term and weighed a healthy 5-6 pounds each. She and Grandpa are about 82 years old, with Grandma being a full month older than Grandpa and have spent 61 years of wedded bliss with each other.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #49744 
dramaqueen
Banned

My maternal grandmother died when I was 12 and my paternal grandmother died the year before that, I think. My maternal grandmother was a good person who loved her family. I didn't really know my paternal grandmother except she spoke Spanish to us and we couldn't understand her. lol My paternal grandfather died when I was 5 and I don't really remember him and my dad's father died when my dad was 7 years old. I heard from my older cousins that he was meaner than a snake and he was an alcoholic.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #49745 
Yuuie

mmmmm i don't think i got any grandparents left. my grandpa on my dad's side was the last one to move on a few years ago. his ashes we scatter at the lake where he practically live. there were 7 boats full of people that came for that. only really remember him and my grandma on my mom's side and she past before that when i was still in school i think or shortly after it's been awhile.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #49746 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. :( *hugs*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #49747 
Tikibirds

All my grandparents are gone now :(
The grandmas went in 2010 and my paternal grandpa died in '95. My Maternal grandpa died in 1985. I barely remember him. We went to virginia beach for a vacation and he died 2 weeks later.

This is my sister so it's from about 1988 - paternal grandpa

Oh God..THOSE GLASSES

AGain, My sister and paternal grandma

She pretty much looked the same till she died - except she was VERY skinny.

Maternal Grandmother and again - my sister...whats with her in all the pics >.< 1987ish

OMG - its ME! 1986ish? COney Island NY

After my HS graduation party in 1997

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-27-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #49748 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do any of you use BettaMin tropical crisps? I posted about it in the betta care section and got zero answers. I got some and I had no idea they were flakes.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #49749 
Sakura8

They're not the most nutritious but some bettas just love 'em. Just feed a few flakes, crumbled a little, and see if anyone likes them. I never could get any of my bettas to eat flakes but some people have bettas who only eat flakes.

Tiki, cool pics. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #49750 
Tikibirds

do they have the freeze dried shrimp in them? If so I have them as well. Sometimes i use that instead of the pellets for variety. I fed them to the baby when the first bites became to small and the pelets were still too big

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese