Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #49751 
TheCrabbyTabby

Boo.

AqAdviser says my tank is overstocked. I only have 15ish or so MTS, 5 purple mystery snails, and my Zephyr, the betta boy all in a 10 gallon with a tetra whisper 10I filter. To add, the tank is heavily planted with java moss and java ferns.

I was contemplating adding a pair of ADFs to the mix. I guess that's down the drain.

Boo
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #49752 
Pilot00

Your grandpa reminds me of my fathers godfather Tikibirds , they look like brothers. He raised my father in my grandpas stead, and in a way he also raised me. We lost him from stomach cancer when I was 14. During the Funeral me and Dad were hugged and cried like there was no tomorrow. He was the wisest and kindest person ever. And his life, oh that life... He worked as a miner in Syberia and when he came to Greece he worked at a mustard factory. He was also a boxer. He also had those kind of glasses.

My grandmother from my Mothers side was also the most kind hearted person ever. Always with a smile and would never ever ever say a bad thing for / to anyone. She was hard working and loving of her family. We lost her 3 years ago. Fortunately my grandfather is OK in all regards.

I also met my great grandfather and he didnt like me for no reason. Till I turned 13 or so, then he looked up to me for some reason and he began to approach me. Too bad he didnt have more time.

Thanks for bringing those memmories back Tikibirds!
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #49753 
Tikibirds

No problem :D

I basically lived at my grandparents house when I was a kid. My dad worked nights as a cop in NYC and my mom worked days - so I spent all my time with my grandparents. My dad went over there every day anyways to work on a car or boat or something. They only lived like 10 minutes away.

I didn't get to go to my grandmothers funeral though. I was in Alaska and it takes like 24 hours to fly from there to NY. Even if I had the money to go, I wouldn't of made it. I did go to my maternal grandmothers funeral though. She died here but the funeral was in NYC and they had to transport the body, so I had a few days to get the money together and get back here.

I was 15 when my paternal grandpa passed away. I was ok but then I just couldnt hold it in anymore and went downstairs to the bathroom and cried. Eventually my grandmothers sister - my great aunt marion found me and told me it was OK to cry. I'm not really sure what happend to her. I know she passed on a few years ago though. She was older then my grandmother and granny was born in 1913.

I while back I scaned in some really old pics

There are all my maternal grandparents.

my maternal grandpa

circa WW2 era

Great grandparents - they look ScArY

Unrelated but - the poor goldfish in that tank. I think they lasted like 5 months and why so many pics of grace but not so many of me??

and in other news - i put all of my sisters coral and shells into the tank and the PH is barely in the neutral range.

crabby - its says my tank is overstocked as well and gave me all sorts of warning in red letters. i know they dont account for plants and I read they only use 65% of a filters actual capacity

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-27-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #49754 
Laki

Ohmy goodness I LOVE old pics!! Awesome, thanks Tiki!

It's been a year today that I lost my muffin Coco of 14 years. Dogs are a lot better than humans but don't live nearly long enough. There was a thing going around facebook about a family whose dog passed away and they were upset but the little boy told his mom that the dog was truly a better soul or something and had to go when his job was done.. Ugh, I don't remember it and google isn't helping me out. lol

Found it- http://www.all-creatures.org/stories/whydogs.html
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #49755 
TheCrabbyTabby

Too bad I don't have a printer with a scanner on. I could scan some pics of my family and post them.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #49756 
Silverfang

That's the problem. Mystery/apple snails need about 2.5 gals each.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #49757 
Laki

I dropped Milly in on Bowser's side to get the other side of the divider. She didn't latch on and I dropped her. I hope she's not mad.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #49758 
TheCrabbyTabby

Meh, I say. Meh.

Until further notice, I shall be asleep on my couch.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #49759 
Laki

Me too me too!!! I'm so sleepy. Got a lot done though. I've been doing homework, made myself some soup, played with the cat, cleaned bunny's floor and am drinking lots of tea :) Have a great nap!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #49760 
djembekah

i'm cooold. i dun wanna wooork
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese