Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #49781 
TheCrabbyTabby

Once the puppies are old enough, you can come to my house and take them.

Momma currently has tummy troubles and the runs. It was bloody at first, but the bloody part is gone now, so its just stinky diarrhea. We are feeding her a bland diet of rice, chicken, and carrots in a chicken stock.

The pekinese is about the saddest thing I've ever seen. She makes me want to curl up and cry, and then get absolutely raging mad at whoever let her get into the pitiful state she is in now, then cry again. However, doing that will help no one and end up making me bleary eyed and snotty nosed.

She has no hair, except the occasional strand here and there, and a little on her face. She has sores all over her bald skin and they ooze a clear liquid. Her skin is swollen in places and makes her look wrinkly, more so than a pekinese should look. And to top it off, she only has a single eye that can barely work.

That's not the worst part. The worst part is that her belly looks rotund. Whether or not its worms, or god forbid, puppies, we'll have to wait and see. We got a dewormer from the vet to give her and the momma, so that should take care of worms if that is the case.

EDIT: One of the little puppies just did a handstand while feeding off of Momma!!! It was nothing short of unbearably adorable!!!!

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #49782 
eaturbyfill

Those puppies are so cute!!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #49783 
Laki

ermagherd puppays!!!
I hate whoever would allow that to the poor pekinese. Poor thing. I hope it's just worms and she gets better. If she IS pregnant I would do an emergency spay.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #49784 
djembekah

awee :( i would love to foster something. pets or humans. i just want to love everything i can ;(
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #49785 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yeah. Hopefully she isn't pregnant. Even though I know that an emergency spay would be best for her in that case, I can't help but feel bad that the puppies will be terminated, if she is indeed pregnant.

Fingers crossed that she isn't!! *crosses every body part that can be crossed*
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #49786 
djembekah

i hope it's something very simple.

and i agree, that it'd be sad if the puppies had to be terminated, but the poor thing doesn't need that stress on her body. definitely hope she's not pregnant!!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #49787 
Laki

Not only the momma dog but up to 10 puppies could be affected negatively if they were carried to term and survived. Personality and behavioural problems, genetics, and other health issues could afflict their little bodies.. Poor things. Fingers crossed it's just some nasty worms!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #49788 
TheCrabbyTabby

I know. I know. Its just sad to have to end a life before it even has a chance to begin, regardless of if that life is worthwhile or not.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #49789 
Sakura8

Elizabeth, hugs. A family friend has had thyroid problems for a long time and she had a thyroidectomy. It's not a very invasive procedure. I don't think she had to stay the night. But any medical procedure is scary, isn't it? I'm still putting off that MRI scan I was supposed to have in July.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #49790 
djembekah

blah girl, get that MRI over with. they're so annoying.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese