Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #41 
fishman12

Cute! The correct salt dosage is 1 TEASPOON/gallon.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #42 
vaygirl

This is why I bring my crazy basset with me when I go to Petco. It's a lot harder to walk out loaded up with stuff with a dog in tow!

Meanwhile I can live through you guys! Good luck with her!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #43 
Sakura8

Roxie took out otos? Man, she's tough! Haha, your bettas sound like an Italian mob, one mob hit after another. Get more otos just for the 5g. Unless you can find pygmy corys, they'll all get too big to get an adequate-sized school. Did you post pics of the tank in the tank section?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #44 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
This is why I bring my crazy basset with me when I go to Petco. It's a lot harder to walk out loaded up with stuff with a dog in tow!

Meanwhile I can live through you guys! Good luck with her!
Smart idea. All I have are cats but it's true it'd be hard to walk out with a new tank and fish while carting around a cat carrier . . .

Thanks everyone! Maybe she'll color up better when she's out of her isolation tank in a week or so. Otherwise I think I found a lovely charcoal/mud colored little lady. She can be my mystery girl.

1 tsp per gallon. Yup, that's what I did. Maybe she's just sensitive.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #45 
fightergirl2710

Mhmm! I want to see more pics of her too! I love seeing other people's fishies, especially the rescues and their progress!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #46 
Tisia

not if you got something like a kritter keeper! it has an oh so convenient handle, you could just put everything you need inside it to carry it up to the counter, lol
or I guess you could get a basket, but I usually don't think ahead that far, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #47 
vaygirl

Ah, see, the dog has to be crazy like mine. She's afraid of baskets and carts so I can't use either!

Sakura, I think you should train one of your cats on a harness. I guarantee you can't wrangle a cat and carry anything at the same time! :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #48 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Roxie took out otos? Man, she's tough! Haha, your bettas sound like an Italian mob, one mob hit after another. Get more otos just for the 5g. Unless you can find pygmy corys, they'll all get too big to get an adequate-sized school. Did you post pics of the tank in the tank section?
the otos were still small.. they were her size, but still. and they even looked like her. i think what set her off is since she looked so much like them, they tried schooling with her. they were all fine before i went to work, and when i came home.. carnage.
King Louie was at least clean in his shrimpicide. Elvis? it looked like he tucked an invertibrate-sized stick of dynomite in Pierre.. there were bits scattered all over! an eyeball casing here, a whisker there.. at first i thought he had just molted, but when shrimp molt they don't leave behind whiskers. or eyeballs. Elvis wouldn't eat his bloodworms for a few days, and now i know why.
PetCo has pygmy albino corys that are kinda cute.. they're so iddy biddy! if i do get corys, no betta shall touch those waters. maybe if i get a nice algae colony going, i'll pick up a bamboo shrimp or two.
and i will post pics as soon as i finish with the decor
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #49 
Sakura8

Hahah, I have tried harnesses. One does okay, although he doesn't walk very far at a time. But another one got so hysterical she broke the "break-free" buckle on the harness. And two of them aren't good in cars or carriers - they tend to lose, uh, bladder control. And bowel control. Yeegh. I dread vet appointments with those two. And two more would go beat up every dog they saw and then probably bite some people, too. Can't handle a lawsuit right now . . . Yeah, I think I'd have my hands full all right.

Maybe I could borrow our neighbor's springer spaniel. She's never been trained so she's an absolute ball of energy. I made the mistake of trying to walk her once while pet-sitting. One arm is now substantially longer than the other. And worse, everyone I saw thought she was my dog. I'm like, "No, I'd definitely have trained her by now."
Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #50 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
the otos were still small.. they were her size, but still. and they even looked like her. i think what set her off is since she looked so much like them, they tried schooling with her. they were all fine before i went to work, and when i came home.. carnage.
King Louie was at least clean in his shrimpicide. Elvis? it looked like he tucked an invertibrate-sized stick of dynomite in Pierre.. there were bits scattered all over! an eyeball casing here, a whisker there.. at first i thought he had just molted, but when shrimp molt they don't leave behind whiskers. or eyeballs. Elvis wouldn't eat his bloodworms for a few days, and now i know why.
PetCo has pygmy albino corys that are kinda cute.. they're so iddy biddy! if i do get corys, no betta shall touch those waters. maybe if i get a nice algae colony going, i'll pick up a bamboo shrimp or two.
and i will post pics as soon as i finish with the decor
Poor otos, just wanted to make friends. And the shrimp. Ewwwww. That must've been great fun to clean up.

You're so lucky your Petco has pygmies. I can't find them anywhere but online.

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese