Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #50391 
djembekah

he's lovely Rocky!!

And YAY LIMPIE
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #50392 
Laki

Hopefully the salt helps!
Rocky that fish is such a nice color! Love the copper.
We just gorged on food. No grocery stores had tofurkey roasts left so I bought vegetarian chicken breasts and we did them up with all the fixings. Now I want to go die to sleep in my bed for the day.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #50393 
eaturbyfill

Oh, I'm really aggravated. I emailed all of my professors to let them know that there is a possibility of me having to miss school because of my health. All of my actual professors responded with well wishes, telling me what a great student I am, and willingness to help me keep from falling behind if I were to need to miss for surgery or appointments. I have one class that is the basics of computers that meets once a week that is taught by a graduate student, not a professor. Now, he's moving me to the online section of the class without even asking!! I didn't even say I would have to miss, just that it was a probability. That really bothers me.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #50394 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'd like to find a nice floating plant, something that I don't need substrate for.
Those bulbs from walmart? the hardy aponogeton bulbs? I have 3 floating from them. They hang close to the top, and then the bulb, then the roots. I had one planted in gravel, but really, it didnt do very well. But the others were just floating at the suface and look great. IN the 10 gal, one plant takes up almost half, the other one is small, and just kind of floats and hangs out.

Laki? thats so funny. I love cornmeal.. I love to boil up a pot and then pour in a sqare tub to cool in the refer, then slice and fry, then either put gravy or syrup on it, depending on my mood. lol. You can add all kinds of good stuff in to flavor it too, or meat, etc.

With gravy or sauce it reminds me of, umm those things cooked in corn husks? yummmm.

Well, woke today to find one little boy in with the big boy, they are looking sad, fins all over the buttom. Georgie the big guy, looks like, well, sad. Its his huge fins all over the bottom.

They were side by side, Georgie just kinda hanging out, and the other swimming back and forth on one side of him. Like almost touching. If its true that they will not fight to the death, then perhaps thats what happened, so now, will they stop trying to get to each others side?

This divider thing doesnt work very well. My fault im sure, as its not glued to the sides with silicon. I forgot that part! Although in after-thought, it seems better to not glue it, so they can me moved..

I took suction cups and put on either side, and the stones at the buttom. then put in some fake plants. it worked on the one side, but not the other.

Also i think georgie has some white stuff over one eye.. im worried.. maybe just from fighting all night? or all am? or...

Babies for food makes sense really, but.. seems its hard on the parents? How many breeding can you get?

Georgie spends long time sleeping on the plants, and so the snails are there too.

I need a rest from fish drama.......... The jumper female is doing ok, though her poor bent back keeps her from living full life. Not sure if i should bonk her on the head or let her be.

I cant understand how it broke.. maybe she hit something on the way down.. maybe i picked her up wrong, she was stuck to the floor. poor little thing.

When i used to find my dolphin on the floor, he never got hurt, but then again he was much much much bigger, about 6 inches lol.

I dont want to put the 2 boys in qt, and i dont want to buy more 10 gal to house each separately. And i dont want to kill them.. I want them to just be in that 10 with each other and be calm and happy!

Now the two that fought are very calm . .. maybe not happy, but little cellephane dude, is still trying to get to Georgie.. and I do believe his face is a much darker pink, from rubbing it down the full length of the divider.

ITS BEEN BELOW FREEZING HERE FOR THE LAST 3 NIGHTS!!!!!! First night and second night used my hair dryer for heat, lol. Just about frooze... But I cleaned the furnace filter and turned the gas on and was toasty last night.

The female is bent so her tail is lower.. She is in the 4 gal, and mostly sits on the leaf close to the surface or, on the suction cup of the filter... also close to the surface. Its not very good quality of life, but she does come to me and eats..

OK GUESS WHAT? some of the Xmas moss, is actually growing through the mesh!!!!! Woot! I was going to pull it out and toss it. in a very angry manner? but then saw this little spike, then another, and another, lol. I think it will take maybe a year or years to get a full wall of it!

oh the sorority is doing very nicely, thank goodness. It calm in there most the time.. they dont school at all, and its funny, the tiniest one, the one that never grows? keeps a large corner cleared out. Sometimes she get a little aggressive and chases them all for just a couple then is done for days. It really does make me lol when i see her go after them, she is so small.

Last edited by Aahnay; 10-08-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #50395 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRockyHorror View Post
Here is my new boy Poe:
Oh hes is gorgeous! and your icon? that looks just exactly like Georgie...well not anymore now that his fins are all gone. Oh Georgie has the violet on half his body, but wow they could be brothers.

Porter? gratz good to hear that.

OH the prof is just trying to help you really, he/she is busy too, you know? Maybe just read more into it then you meant, but im sure was just trying to take some stress off for you. =)

I have a recipe to make vegan chicken chunks, from tofu? Ill find it and mail to you.. I used to make it only for special, as it takes a little time, but omg, it tasts exactly like fried chicken, makes my mouth water just to think about it

Last edited by Aahnay; 10-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #50396 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Twitter is really weird..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #50397 
Laki

Making bunny cookies now. Parsnip/carrot/sweet potato treats. I almost want to eat them.
My shoulder is like getting shot with poison daggers and Huey Lewis and the News is playing.
This is my day off. How is everyone?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #50398 
djembekah

i bought a copy of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter at the thrift store. I've read it but I loved it so I may read it again. Also i found Strut the Rooster, a beanie baby from 1996, SOOOOO CHEAP!! i still love the original beanies from when i was a kid. or whateer generation they were by then. Super cool!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #50399 
djembekah

Omg just had a phone interview for mcmenamins and i have a in person interview on friday omfg
Old 10-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #50400 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

What's that Bekah? :p
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese