Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #50661 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Bekah, send me the ramshorns!! my assassins work now, and they have a vile thirst for snails.
I'm about to set up a 1 gallon just for keeping snails to feed my assassins! *evil laugh* And mabey some shrimp for betta treats.^_^
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #50662 
djembekah

i would totally send them to you Laki lol. WHY ARE YOU IN CANADA WHY ARE 80% OF MY FAVORITE INTERNET FRIENDS IN CANADA
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #50663 
Laki

Haha Thanks for the imaginary snells! (*hugs*)
I tried the whole separate tank breeding program thing but my assassins had ZERO interest in pond snails. Then one night they suddenly brutally attacked, slaughtered and ate a pond snail I stuck in to clean the algae.. lol So now I released my 3 remaining pond snails into the tank to lay eggs and I'll be switching the assassins back and forth as per snail population. The nerites will be going on the safe zone but they're on their own if they slime over to the assassin side. Gammon already got poked by the one assassin who snuck out.

omg I just swept the bedroom and now I'm sweating and feel so productive. We did laundry too. So much cat fur/spider webs.

Now for 9:40 pm coffee.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #50664 
Sakura8

Bekah, I so agree! We need more open trading between the US and our northern neighbors!

Laki, how did you fix your broken assassins? If only I knew the secret, I wouldn't have had to buy super expensive dwarf loaches to eat my snails (and dig up my plants).
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #50665 
Laki

omg I don't even know. They float in the heated tank in a small cup with sand, right, so one night the algae was gross in their cup so I put a pond snail on the algae to eat it. Then I see movement, looks up and the assassins were all going after the pond! I was fascinated, confused then felt bad for the pond snail lol. He was just going in to clean up algae for mom.

I wish even inter-Canadian shipping was cheap! It's like WAY too much money to ship live things between provinces.. Let alone across the border.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #50666 
Sakura8

Let's dissolve the border between our countries and call the new one North Americada.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #50667 
Laki

Canamerica lol
Old 10-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #50668 
Sakura8

I like Canamerica better actually. Americada sounds like some kind of bug.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #50669 
Laki

I thought of that too. I don't like bugs. I'm not being original, someone else came up with Canamerica lol
I think I should disturb Gammon to see if he's alive. I didn't do it today because we were playing Left 4 Dead lol Obviously much more impt.
I have a feeling Gammon is okay.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #50670 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, looks like a spine defect. It can happen due to poor breeding or even if the breeder poured water in too hard and fast. If she's eating and swimming, she'll be okay. And I LOVE your clown pleco. __________________
I don' get it. She seems happy - not clamped, bright color but she is doing the rapid mouth/gill thing. I wonder if its caused by her spine issue. her ammonia was not THAT bad compared to others I have..It was abut a 2.0?

canada - America's hat
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese