Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #50851 
TheCrabbyTabby

I know a lot about Urban Legends, or rather which have a ring of truth to them and which are falsehoods. Yes, I am talking about the ever popular show, Mythbusters. They make science fun by blowing stuff up and creating a big mess while getting to the bottom of some of the biggest and most popular myths around.

Watching the show "Face Off" on the Sci Fi, or rather "SyFy", channel. Its one of those competition shows where the contestants are special effects make-up artists competing to win money and a chance to work on a big budget movie or something, I don't really remember. Anyways, I am liking it. Its much more to my taste than other competition shows.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 10-16-2012 at 08:35 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #50852 
Laki

omg don't even. I LOVE mythbusters! It's like my dream job.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #50853 
TheCrabbyTabby

IKR, I would love to blow things up for a living. Of course, its for scientific purposes, and not just a blatant desire to see things explode into a million pieces.

*whistles innocently*
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #50854 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Humanitarian degree?? Um, it gets you a degree in humanities (overseas education and missionary exploits come to mind). It's nothing very useful for high paying jobs probably, humanities are largely interest-based (in that, students go after them for their own interests). idk, I could be wrong.

Test in urban legends tomorrow lol . Folklore is such an interesting degree (again, basically useless- which I why I am doing double minor in Folklore AND English)

Ahh, sounds super interesting actually!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #50855 
Sakura8

Kinetic, Sometimes I feel like it ends up that way. :D

EDIT: Crabby, I'd so love to be a Mythbuster (they're so close, right in San Francisco!) but I suck at math and science. No one would trust me with explosives.

Haven't watched the Sci-Fi Channel since they unjustly cancelled Farscape.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #50856 
TheCrabbyTabby

Kinetic and Sakura, is there some sort of inside joke about writing that I am missing here? Or perhaps its just one of those accursed "Blonde" moments I have been known to have (being half blonde though, I only have them half of the time; I am strawberry-blonde so I am half redhead and half blonde ).
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #50857 
Sakura8

Bwahaha! I mentioned earlier that I'd have better success at writing if it didn't take me a year between chapters. I tend to forget what I'm doing when it takes that long. But I get distracted easily and go off and start another story and well . . . yeah.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #50858 
TheCrabbyTabby

Oh. Now I get it. The ending of one chapter doesn't have a very continuous flow into the following chapter, if any flow at all.

Sometimes I am so dense. >_<
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #50859 
Sakura8

Hahah, that's okay.

This one novel. Started it in 2002. Still only up to Chapter Twelve. *sigh* I like this one, too. When I can remember what it's about. *tries to make sense of scribbled hand-written notes*

Who's your fav Mythbuster?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #50860 
thekinetic

Eh I have several started but I just never seem to have time for them when I feel like writing. >.<
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese