Quote:
Yes they do Tiki.
Well now I know where the holes in my dwarf lilly plant came from
*glares at rabbit snail*

And the adult trapdoors knocked over my decor and somehow uprooted my plants
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #50862 
djembekah

lol they'll get bigger and too lazy to eat the plants.
djembekah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #50863 
Silverfang

like all snails...

my swords are rather... holey.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #50864 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hahah, that's okay.

This one novel. Started it in 2002. Still only up to Chapter Twelve. *sigh* I like this one, too. When I can remember what it's about. *tries to make sense of scribbled hand-written notes*

Who's your fav Mythbuster?
I know what you mean. I have this idea for a book brewing about in my head. Its essentially a coming of age, fantasy, drama about a shy reclusive girl, who finds a beaten up, abused old nag of a horse, and rescues it from its abysmal life as part of a traveling carnival pony ride.

Its when she is riding it, that it suddenly turns into a magnificent golden palomino, sprouts snow white wings, and becomes airborne. The girl then is taken on a whirlwind adventure and finds out that the horse is actually the princess of a kingdom in another realm, full of magical creatures and such, that is currently under the rule of a tyrannical and evil sorceress, bent on taking every last ounce of magical essence from the realm and hoarding it for herself. To add to things, the girl is joined by a handsome elven warrior from the realm, who is in search of a mysterious, and somewhat mythical, power that not even the evil sorceress can harness and that could in fact, be the key to releasing the kingdom from her dark suppression.

I won't give away the ending, as I don't really know what it is myself yet, and I don't know if I should make it one long book, or more than one. If I do make it a series, I don't know how many books to make it.

Heck, I don't even have a title for it.

Another story I have in my head is about a war torn, almost post apoctolyptic world, where the main character is a girl living at an orphanage, with the only key to her past being a silver necklace bearing a odd pendant of a horn. She then begins to have strange dreams of flying and when she awakes, she finds snow white feathers around her bed and the nearby window open. She then realizes that she wasn't just dreaming, but actually flying, with a pair of gleaming white wings keeping her aloft.

She then decides to run away from the orphanage, taking the mysterious pendant with her, and decides to seek out the truth to her mysterious past. Soon she finds a mysterious boy, who also has wings and learns that she might be a nephilim, or a hybrid offspring of a an angelic being and a mortal woman. They go off together and eventually she also learns that her otherworldly parent is none other than the arch angel, Gabriel, and that he left with her, his magical horn in the form of the pendant, which, when awakened, calls all the other angels and ushers in peace throughout the land. Apparently, its up to the girl and the other nephilim to find out how to unlock the horn and blow it, to save the entire world from the evil Lucifer and his many demonic minions.

Either sound like a best seller?

EDIT: My fave mythbuster? I can't just pick one.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #50865 
Sakura8

Crabby, I'd read your stories.

I can't pick one either. They're all so crazy in so many good ways.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #50866 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #50867 
TheCrabbyTabby

That reminds me of my all time favorite Mythbusters one liner.

"Come, Silent Walrus! Let us storm the castle!!" as said by Adam Savage during the "Ninja" special.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #50868 
dramaqueen
Banned

Crabby, those ideas sound very interesting to me. I think you definitely have some good story ideas. Get them down on paper.lol. You might have some bestsellers floating around in your head.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #50869 
thekinetic

Crabby you deffinatly have your own style, I see a lot of hope type stories in those. They would probably be best sellers among teens and young adults.

Mine have a darker nature to them, at their core they're still fantasy but darker. My inspiration was of course Tolkien, like many others, and thus my stories always have the happy endings you would expect albeit often bittersweet. Such is the case with the prequal to my book "The Eye of Sorba" which concerns the hero Krin who sought vengence for the death of his brother Siege, where at the end he defeats his foe but is so beaten and exausted that after he declairs victory to his men he falls dead.

Of course I'm going to have to rename the series to something other than "The Chronicles of Twilight" thank you hollywood. >.<*

Anyways I like your premise and expanded would make nice book! :)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #50870 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Half my biochem project is talking about zombies. Good thing I know what I'm talking about... Yikes. Teacher said she's excited to read about it at least.

I used to write when I was little, but I gave up on that. If I could do anything I'd go to India and help people and elephants. Lol. So cheesy.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese