Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #501 
Bettawolf19

Ya I know I'm not very helpful :P and I hear ya on the anger managment issues..Red's all eggy and pmsing(can't bettas even pms?) and taking it out on everyone poor Dezzy..XD meanie fish.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #502 
Sakura8

I'm pretty sure I need at least one more female to get them from killing each other, probably two. How much fighting is too much fighting, Bettawolf? None of my girls ever flee from each other, they flee TO each other and start the nipping. Do I let it run its course until someone goes and hides or step in if they keep fighting for a few minutes? I did buy more plants, it's like a jungle in there now.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #503 
Bettawolf19

well I let them duke it out for roughly a week paying close attention to the one thats doing the attackign then I seperated them in a timeout for a day or so(breeder nets will be your savior for this) and I put her back and things calmed down once in a while one of my smaller girls would have a nip in their fins but it regrows in a week or so. Mostly when theres a bad fight i'll keep an eye on it but eventually my girls break upa nd go to their own little areas. If it gets really bad you can take them all out and rearrange the decor then add them from the bottom up(omega to alpha). For me it was Penny then candle and red then dezzy then Violet who's the alpha queen. Just keep an eye on them and soon you can figure out the orders real easy.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #504 
Sakura8

*head spinning* But two of my girls look almost identical! And they seem to hate each other for it. How long do they usually fight before breaking up? My nerves. Are. Totally. Shot. Aiyiyi. Ohkay. I've got one in the netbreeder, one in the sorority tank and one in her own tank. I'll try again tomorrow while continuing the search for a fourth girl. See why I'm afraid to get those pretty aquabid girls? They'd be in shreds and I'd feel sooooo bad.

How many rabbits do you have, Yuuie?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #505 
Bettawolf19

How big is your tank? 10 gal correct? If it is I say aim for 5 girls. Sometimes sororitoes don't work. i was just lucky
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #506 
Sakura8

Yes, 10 gallon. Okay, five girls. Nerves of steel. Deep breath. Thanks, Bettawolf. You've managed to calm me down. Now I can stop hyperventilating.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #507 
Bettawolf19

Plus try feeding them too. Full fishies=happy fishies Also feed them before you put them all together too. I know when i first got them in I had them all in bags near each other fora few hours to get used to each other. after a while they calmed down a bit more then I was able to put them in with minimal problems..I have a video somewhere when I first put them in has a few chases in it. which is normal
Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #508 
Sakura8

Okay. Tomorrow after breakfast, in they go. They've all seen each other for lengths of time through the netbreeder at one time or another. Should I put them in cups next to each other for a few hours?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #509 
Bettawolf19

Thats a good idea plus rotate them ever so often. Mine tended to flare at each other before relaxing. Lol you never know you might get one like my Candle that doesn't start anything and never gets attacked back anyone either O.o I haven't even seen her flare once. eventually you might be able to in the futture to house them together in a half gallon bowl when doing rearranging and not have to worry(was only like 3 minutes tops but still). oddly enough they are very communicative with each other. Least mine are and mine freak out now if they get seperated.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #510 
Sakura8

Thank you sooo much for the advice, Bettawolf, you're saving what's left of my sanity. I didn't have much left even before I got into bettas. ^_^

What happened to Yuuie? Work problems again? What a bummer for her.

Last edited by Sakura8; 06-23-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese