Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #52081 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Basically as a computer tech, I recommend to be always one version behind. They seem to do it on purpose... Xp better than vista. 7 better than 8 etc.

Windows 95 and it's frozen up presentation was better than that POS Vista. Windows 8 was just poorly designed for anything BUT touch screens.

Won't go into what they did to server 2012.

and holy carp! Thunder and Lightning!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #52082 
Sakura8

XP. That's the one I loved the most. Hate what they've done to Office but I don't like iWorks Pages either. Should just get a typewriter.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #52083 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Sure, pet store pets need love and shouldnt suffer for the simple fact that shelters exist. But in all honesty, giving money (and for petstores who sell mill puppies and kittens [often mutts sold as purebred] this is usually over 500$) to these places only funds the cycle. I know of more than one dog who was bought from the store came from a mill and were euthanized before the age of 5 due to complicated genetic illness or behavioral issues (not their fault but they were suffering for it)
Also, the ones who do come out fine, well is it worth over 500$ for a pet of unknown background?? I would pay that for a pet from a reputable source, where I meet the parent dog/cat and talk to the actual person who bred it and see what they eat and what they live in etc... Petstores are just holes with grabby hands for your money.

Either way, we can argue till we're blue in the face (or fingers, as it were) and we will never advance (No Man's Land).. so whatever you do, I know the animals will be loved but think of the source of that animal and where the money you pay for it will go (to some grubby handed freak who see's animals in dollar signs or an organization who uses every dime they receive to help more animals in need)..
Lol, I'm not trying to argue, just discussing is all :)
And the pet store I'm talking about, the cats are rescues, as are many of the dogs, and none of them are sold as pure breds and have moderate adoption fees, they generally know the back story and temperament of each cat they have there and know weather he/she should live indoors only or is an indoor/outdoor cat. Also... for the record, many shelters have HUGE adoption fees and treat the animals they house worse than some pet stores. Honestly, many pet store pets have better outlooks because they are more likely to get adopted than shelter pets because they're easy access in a pet store. Tons of shelters euthanize in inhumane ways when their pets don't get adopted.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just advocating both sides because I hate to see one side constantly picked on. A lot of pet stores get a lot of hate, and I understand why, but that doesn't mean those dogs and cats that do have shorter life spans because they were bred in mills doesn't mean they shouldn't have a good life and be loved for the 4-5 years that they'll be alive. (Not saying that all pet stores have mill pets, because many don't).

I don't really think that my purchases will directly affect anything, because like it or not, boycotts these days are pointless, no matter what corporate companies are going to win (I know, really pessimistic approach but this is reality). Money is always going to be the issue, and unless we can stop the entire country from doing something, it's not going to happen. People are just too lazy and most don't care. So I don't even try to not buy or do certain things that wont effect anything anyway. It's more inconvenient for me (<--- lazy thing there) and I know that it won't make a difference anyway, so I don't feel like wasting my time is necessary.

I understand the idealistic approach, and wish with all my heart that it was possible and that this world could live on generosity, but the fact of the matter is that people have greedy natures and there's too much evil in the world to be combated by the small amount of good.

Okay, off the philosophic rant... I just remembered I forgot to go to the store for food :( *tummy rumbles*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #52084 
bettasareawesome

Yay I agree with that boycott thing but if you really believe in something go do it. If someone got more than half the country to boycott something like bettas because of there horrible living conditions or something along those lines I'd join in but unless that much boycott's the companies are going to win. That's why I like to just help a betta or other pet in need.

I am so happy they got season 6 of Psych on Netflix! If you haven't watched Psych, Doctor Who or Raising Hope you should there really funny.

My brothers lizard is really cool but really lazy. Ugh here I am saying he's cool and he just licked the log he's climbing on. He's huge though, about 2 feet long.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #52085 
ThePearlFish

I love Psych. I also love Leverage. They never have those shows on TV enough :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #52086 
Yuuie

hi all back from work was a really busy day
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #52087 
bettasareawesome

It's been over an hour since last post, were is everybody?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #52088 
djembekah

i'm tired
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #52089 
Sakura8

Sparky has an eye infection. :( And I'm stranded with no way to get meds until Wednesday. Dang pet stores, all too far away to walk. No way am I walking across the freeway overpass. I've seen how people drive over that.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #52090 
dramaqueen
Banned

I guess everyone has been busy. I'm just sitting here. It's been a boring day except for when I went to see my mom. My stupid relatives know I'm by myself and do you think one of them would invite me over for dinner or bring me something? Heck, no! Not that I'm not capable of fixing my own food but some company would be nice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese