Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #52101 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
wow it's 5:50 in the morning here and it is really dark
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #52102 
Laki

@twolovers101... (internal cursing) WHY didn't you say first off the pet store did adoptions?!?!? lol That's a whole lot better than mill animals xD Our lps sells only kittens and not very often but the always come from an accidental household litter. The kittens sell for 50$ and you get a certificate for spaying/neutering when they reach the age.
The Pj's Pets branch here used to sell mill puppies and kittens but after tonnes of protest and getting caught lying and stuff they decided to do an experimental stop mill selling and instead, do the SPCA adoptions but it fell through. They still don't sell mill puppies though, the mill in question was shut down.
And now, of course, PetSmart does local adoptions. I love that. Our PS hosts adoption days too. The Small Animal Rescue go up every weekend or second weekend and hosts a day (even though PS sells guinea pigs)

The rescues here are very compassionate. I like to think animal abuse is not tolerated here (animal circuses are banned, there are no zoo's [which is more bc of money and weather], the shelters are good and do the best they can and puppy mills were publicly banned) but we are a province with the highest rate of beagle abuse. Hunting beagles are kept outside and starved etc...

**coffeehouse chat just turned into long discussion**

ps., that thunderstorm last night was a freak one. We were sitting here watching a movie when the sky just exploded. I thought the dryer exploded, saw an orange flash out in the backyard and went into panic mode. I don't know if a street lamp past the backyard exploded or what.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #52103 
RedRaz

Good morning everyone! I'm making tea and trying to see what I should make for breakfast. Hmmm. Decision...decisions. :D Veggie burrito...veggie omelet...french toast. Maybe the hubs will take me to breakfast, lol! That would be even better. ;)

Wow Laki that sounds like a wicked storm you had there!
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #52104 
ThePearlFish

I am still tired and I slept for a good 9ish hours, though I woke up a few times.

I am gonna feed my reptiles more worms today.

I think I have about an hour left of cleaning.

My friend is supposed to come over tonight. I haven't seen her in so long and have never seen this house after it has been completely furnished yet, so I am trying to clean it like crazy to make it look nice. It actually does look nice though. Her BF is allergic to cats too, which means I am trying my best to vacuum and sweep/mop well. She won't give me an approx. time she is coming over though.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #52105 
thekinetic

Dang I've had my feeder snail tank set up for two days and already see eggs on the glass! O.O
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #52106 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Home from my friend's! Our stir fry had eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, bean sprouts, pineapple, soy sauce and brown sugar. Really good for improv cooking. ^-^
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #52107 
ThePearlFish

Sounds like it was a great night Olympia :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #52108 
Sakura8

Did you sleep over?

Lost a guppy girl today. Been waiting for it, really, she was old. Just wish I hadn't found all the pond snails on her. Blgh.

Our no-kill cat sanctuary has mostly 1 yr and over. I feel bad because it's been so long since I've had a kitten but then I think about all the old (7 yrs or older) cats who get passed by because they're all grown. I need a momma cat and a kitten to come to my door, then I can have both.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #52109 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yep slept over. :p Back in the morning cause she had work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #52110 
Sakura8

Fun. :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese