Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #52151 
Laki

Last time at dentist (2010) I was told I had a cavity but then the buses went on their lavish 4 month strike so I never went back. Now I'm sure I have more cavities but no excuse not to go to dentist!! I can only afford whatever my insurance from university covers, so who knows.

MMM, apple pie with ice cream is SO good.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #52152 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
So I've fed my betta flakes because he was so small I think he would have choked on pellets and he wasn't having any problems so I'm thinking of switching him to tetra betta floating mini pellets I just don't know if he's to small he is 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches long. Would that be okay? I just don't want him to choke I think I've heard bettas can choke.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #52153 
ThePearlFish

I feel like I need to get as many Doctor appts in before my insurance expires in June 2013 :P.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #52154 
Sakura8

You can have cavities that, if you use a good toothpaste and brush etc, don't ever get worse. It's only when they get big and painful that they usually require attention. My dentist, bless him, will look at some of mine and say, "It's still small, we'll just watch it."

Bettas, well . . . they CAN choke but it's pretty rare as far as I'm aware of. If he's that tiny and you want to feed him pellets, I'd suggest New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula. They're TINY. Like coffee grounds almost. Otherwise, there's no reason not to feed him flake if he'll eat it and as long as they don't cloud the water.

Pearl, haha, that was how we were before my dad retired. Dentist, doctor, yup, we did it all.

EDIT: Awww dang. Just discovered one of my girls managed to jump through the little hole where the heater cord comes in. I hate pulling out that drawer and finding their little crispy bodies under the dresser. :( Down to 4 girls in my sorority.

Last edited by Sakura8; 11-04-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #52155 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
Okay, thanks Sakura I'll keep him on flakes until he gets a little bigger.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #52156 
MaisyDawgThirteen

My first ever fish when I was 3 was 2 goldies in a bowl. 2 weeks later, one dead, one suicidal. O.o Poor James & Goldie.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #52157 
Sakura8

James and Goldie? That makes me laugh because I know someone whose name is James Goldsberry. Two people, actually, because I know his dad also but he goes by Jim.

Second girl I've had go through what seemed like too small of a hole. I put saran wrap over it this time.

Going to go for food.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #52158 
Laki

Aw sorry about your girls Sakura!!

I'm bloated now. And sipping on rescue remedy bc I'm getting anxious. Don't know what about.

Added up all my course specific averages and I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped. My history average is only 73% :C
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #52159 
Sakura8

History is a hard major though. It's a lot of info to process and remember. 73% is pretty good, especially considering you were going through some tough work problems at the same time too.

Need more tea. I'm bloated on soda. :P I don't care for Twinings' Earl Grey as much as other brands I've tried but I bought it because it was available, cheap, and decaf.

Took the long way to the fast food restaurant and on the way back, someone's beautiful dilute tortie tried to follow me home. I don't know if she wanted my chicken fingers or if she wanted attention but she tried to climb my leg. Fortunately, just as I was about to my house, the neighbor's sprinklers came on and scared her back to her own place. Last thing I need is to steal another neighbor's cat. I already stole the one from across the street. But no one ever paid attention to him and that's why he ended up on our doorstep in the first place. :/

Why does everyone post after I log off? I wait and wait and no one posts, so I log off and do something else and sure enough: ding . . . ding . . . ding . . . the e-mail notices start coming. :D
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #52160 
bettasareawesome

with swordtail/platy hybrid what do they look like long platy's, platys with a small sword? Just wondering.

Also has anyone who got a baby betta from petco get anything other than blue because my baby is blue and every other baby betta I see people have are blue.

I had a pork sandwich with pepper jack cheese mmm.

And Sakura, bad luck, murphy's law, no clue interesting how that sometimes though.

And on a totally random note bannana is a very strange word I just spelled it wrong and I have to much fun going bannanananananana.

Last edited by bettasareawesome; 11-04-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese