Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #5211 
copperarabian

I don't know XD Poor moss ball might be silently screaming at you if you tried lol And my tank with algae problems is heavily planted while my other two tanks only have very minor algae.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #5212 
Tisia

urgh, so not sure what it was, but something in the water I had made up for Lavan and the new guy irritated the heck out of their slime coats. Lavan was clamped and lethargic but he's acting more like his normal self already now that I have him in new water. new guy is still really lethargic but kind of expected that with his sbd issues
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #5213 
Sakura8

Echo, do you have any strange algae-like stuff that just sits on top of the sand? I have that in all my sand-tanks and it's nasty. I can't tell if it's algae or bacteria but I suck it up with the gravel vac. Or at least try to.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #5214 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
urgh, so not sure what it was, but something in the water I had made up for Lavan and the new guy irritated the heck out of their slime coats. Lavan was clamped and lethargic but he's acting more like his normal self already now that I have him in new water. new guy is still really lethargic but kind of expected that with his sbd issues
Poor Lavan and new guy. I hate when that happens, it always makes me worry. I hope the new guy comes around though, he's handsome.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #5215 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Poor Lavan and new guy. I hate when that happens, it always makes me worry. I hope the new guy comes around though, he's handsome.
yeah, I feel bad. Lavan is still a bit clamped but he comes over and wiggles at me when I come near. poor new guy already seems so stressed from his sbd stuff and coming home and then that happens as well, poor baby >_<
Old 07-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #5216 
Echo

Quote:
Echo, do you have any strange algae-like stuff that just sits on top of the sand? I have that in all my sand-tanks and it's nasty. I can't tell if it's algae or bacteria but I suck it up with the gravel vac. Or at least try to.
yea i have a few bright green spots, but mostly brownish gunk. the sand is supposed to be white. and there's stringy algae growing on the river rock decor and up the sides.. i may just leave some of that. it's funny to watch Simon tail-swat that stuff.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #5217 
Tisia

how long has the tank been running? brown algae is usually pretty common in a newer tank. otherwise I think it's usually stuff like not enough light or old lights
Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #5218 
Echo

it's been running three months or so, i'd say, with several partial water changes and algae cleanings already..
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #5219 
Sakura8

Oh the things we endure for our bettas.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #5220 
Echo

Quote:
Oh the things we endure for our bettas.
oh the money we spend on our bettas..

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese