Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #52461 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You have an Albino Betta?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #52462 
Sakura8

Tiki, the plants look gorgeous!

Have you ever tested your pH for swings? If you have a low KH, you have no buffering capability in your water and the pH will swing wildly. Fill up something with tap water, dechlorinate it, and then test the pH. Test the pH every few hours or so (5 hours even) for the next 24 hours to see if the pH changes and how much if it does. pH swings could account for clamped behavior.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #52463 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Last time my PH was tested was 6 months ago it read 7.6 and mildly alakine.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #52464 
Sakura8

Mine is 7.8 but I also have good buffering capability in my water so it stays stable. I think my KH is about 11 using the API test kit.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #52465 
fleetfish

OMG O__o

So I was in the kitchen, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a mouse. I caught it in a container, and just as I was about to put it outside, it jumped somewhere. I was pretty sure it was somewhere on the floor, maybe making its way back to the cupboard .... about twenty minutes later, I suddenly feel as if I need to scratch my shoulder. But then I feel the scratches MOVE. I take off my sweater, and lo and behold, stuck to it is the mouse! I had a mouse in my sweater for twenty minutes without even knowing it! The poor little darling wasn't hurt though. I've released her outside and hopefully she'll be okay.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #52466 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glad you let the mouse out safely and I think it would been cool to go to Petco and buy mouse supplies.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #52467 
Sakura8

Fleetfish, wow! Glad you didn't get bitten or anything though. That could've been bad. But what are the odds, haha? Was it a really tiny mouse?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #52468 
Laki

Aw wild mice are so tiny. Not pet material though, chocolate. noooo. Just no. They can carry parasites and strains of illness which can be passed to humans. Plus it would never tame to humans and would probably die of stress.

I hate to think it, but where there's one mouse there's a family. Hopefully you caught it on its first day but if it got inside from a hole there will be more as the weather cools.

But I would freak out if I had a wild mouse on me for that long. I like them and think they're cute but I don't want to touch them.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #52469 
Sakura8

I would freak out too, exactly for the reasons you stated, Laki. Parasites and diseases. And I've heard rabies shots for humans really, really hurt.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #52470 
Laki

0-0
They say rabies hasn't made it on to the island of Newfoundland yet... I don't believe it and all the cases are isolated but.. can mice even carry rabies?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese