Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #52471 
Sakura8

I think if bats can, mice probably can too.

Really? I thought rabies was everywhere. Lucky for you guys if it's not and pray it stays that way.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #52472 
Laki

Like I said, isolated cases. Dogs are supposed to get rabies vaccine but I never bothered since it's not around here. I was playing with fire but Coco didn't play with other dogs nor did he go off in wild fields where coyotes and fox go.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #52473 
Sakura8

It's required by law for cats and dogs to be vaccinated but we've never vaccinated our indoor cats and our vets are okay with that. Besides, my one cat Frankie had a reaction to his one rabies vaccine and developed a tumor at the injection site. Cost us plenty to remove it and he was thoroughly traumatized. Plus, the fur never grew back right from where they had to shave it off. In that one spot, he has no stripes.
Name:  Frankie ECollar.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  47.5 KB

Last edited by Sakura8; 11-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #52474 
fleetfish

The mouse was pretty small and didn't look sick, but I had to handle it when taking it off of my sweater, but immediately after I washed my hands. I've caught many mice in this house and there's definitely a nest somewhere but we haven't been able to find it. It's annoying ... but not as annoying as the squirrels in our roof ^__^

I've also caught the odd bat in here. We're infested by rodents I do believe ... and my cat isn't much help. As much as I love him, he hasn't caught one mouse, ever.

Last edited by fleetfish; 11-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #52475 
Sakura8

Hahaha! I know what you mean about squirrels. I hear their little pitter patter as they run over my room. Usually followed by the thunder of cat paws. Our squirrels (I call them Simon and Shirley) like to sit in the redwood trees and scold everyone. "Chrrrrr chrrrchrrrchrr!"

But I've heard raccoons can be the worst when it comes to getting inside your eaves and rafters and destroying wiring and things. Saw it on an episode of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe so it must be true.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #52476 
thekinetic

Has everyone forgot about mothballs? They keep rodents and pests out of attics and crawlspaces and from under porches. We had some squirrels in the attic and put some mothballs up there and they left.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #52477 
Laki

It doesn't look sick.... Doesn't mean anything lol

Sakura that kitty is SO cute looking out the window in his e-collar. We should get one for Oliver so we can clip his nails! lol

Never thought of moth balls... We don't have rodents here, if we did I know I can rely on Oliver.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #52478 
thekinetic

We get quite a few field mice, squirrels, raccoons, and even some skunks that get a little too close for comfort so we put mothballs around in various places to keep them away. They're better than traps.^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #52479 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #52480 
djembekah

Fern looks like she has a tumor
put her in her own tank for a few days but it didn't go down. not sure what to do for her!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese