Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #52771 
Sakura8

Yuuie, why did they cut crew?

Here's the girl I got from Wal-Mart yesterday, Kodachi.
Name:  Kodachi.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  29.6 KB
Name:  Kodachi Closeup.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  34.3 KB

I only have 3 swordtail fry left and wouldn't you know they'd all be female. >.<
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #52772 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
What trilogy??
The Dragon Lance War of Souls Trilogy. It is linked to a game. BF got me reading them.

I kinda skipped from Chronicles to War of Souls though. I should've read Legends in between the two trilogies, but a good thing is I picked up the Legends trilogy for only $8.00 at a Used Bookstore. It is gonna be his Xmas present.

I started getting sick and tired of the Game of Thrones series. He could've reduced the size of the whole thing by like three books...
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #52773 
Yuuie

our labour is too high and we had to many people in the morning so of course dinner crew had to suffer. finished cleaning my room too yay it is back to being somewhat organized
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #52774 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Bekah did you ever read The Game of Thrones? I hear it's really awesome. Or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?? That must be one of my favorite books.

Thanks fishyfishy! So I can assume Sawyer is not in an ideal home. Poor thing. I thought pugs were more wiggly and affectionate, like Emma. Now I feel bad for Sawyer. He's not allowed upstairs in the house, so he's babygated or crated on the first floor and we hear him crying ALL the time. Poor miserable thing. I'm like you, I had 14 years of my life with my little 27lb dog but I want a big dog. We're leaning towards a french mastiff or a mastiff of some sort, and American bullldogs or pitbulls or something like that. But I do want another terrier someday.
I've always had big dogs. I took in Emma off the streets, worked to put up flyers, inform rescues, vets and did everything to find her family. We just came to conclusion that her family got hit hard and had to abandon her. She soon fell into our routines, I trained her and she became part of our family. So I really couldn't give her up. No matter how much she annoys me. Even if I got that dream dog I've been wanting. I'd regret it. Because she's family, she isn't a toy or a hobby to be picked up and disguarded when bored. She's to stay here til the end of her days.

My most favorite dogs to work with are Dobermans and Rottweilers. A nice balanced dog. Independent but still looks to you as the pack leader. My previous dog, a doberman, sure loved challenging me for lead position often.

Emma......she just has endless energy that is difficult to get rid of. As a result, she is an extreme trouble maker. She is very limited on what she can do exercise wise. She's got toys EVERYWHERE in the house, balls galore, gets a different path each walk, gets walked 5 times a day, basic training and trick performing 3 times a day. There was a time where we'd visit the dog park for 4 hours everyday. But even that didn't put a dent in her energy. We reduced protein and calorie intake to bear minimum. Still didn't wind down. She almost looked like a bag of bones, but the energy was still there o.O

My doberman had endless energy, but it was easily solved with rigorous exercises. I built up his stamina to where he could trot 3-5 miles. He loved it. I also did agility with him, didn't get too far tho. Never could fade our the lure with weaving. But I found a new idea on teaching weaving. Will try that with the next one ;)

When I took Emma in I accepted her no matter what. Nothing will make me give her away. Just like marriage, til death do we part.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #52775 
Sakura8

The more popular a series is, the more likely it is that I will refuse to read it, at least until its popularity has died down.

Yuuie, why didn't he cut crew in the morning instead of at dinner? Yay for clean rooms!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #52776 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
I need some fantastical books to read. i love scifi, fantasy, dystopias, anyone have a recommendation?
Try David Eddings, his first series is The Belgariad. It's an easy read but very good and kind of light hearted. He's also written A LOT and still writing I believe.

Edit: Ugh I feel sick to my tummy and still mad about the coming week. Plus I'm wracking my brain relearning how to take care hamsters while simultaneously deciding whether or not to get a hamster and what if so what kind. >.<

Last edited by thekinetic; 11-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #52777 
Yuuie

hard to cut in the mornings since you don't know what to expect but yea they should of asked one or two to come in a bit later

ack think two of my filters stopped working when the power went out O.o

Last edited by Yuuie; 11-18-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #52778 
Tikibirds

I have always had big dogs, except for Bubbles.
Rocky was a german Shepard and Rosie was an Alaskan Malamue/wolf mix. Living with her was like living with a 7 year old If she didn't get her walks, she would destory something - she ripped the door frame off, ate the coach, shorted out my computer and tormented the hell out of bubbles.

My STORE manager complained to another store worker that I didn't even get one customer an hour. Well, if you were ever there at nights you would know this and sunday is always really slow. I had like 4 people between 2-8 PM.

also anybody know what would cause a stringy discharge from the gills?
If so someone needs help in the betta care section. The title is like newbies, sick fish or something liek that

YAY for new walmart girl

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-18-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #52779 
Tikibirds

I have always had big dogs, except for Bubbles.
Rocky was a german Shepard and Rosie was an Alaskan Malamue/wolf mix. Living with her was like living with a 7 year old

My STORE manager complained to another store worker that I didn't even get one customer an hour. Well, if you were ever there at nights you would know this and sunday is always really slow. I had like 4 people between 2-8 PM.

also anybody know what would cause a stringy discharge from the gills?
If so someone needs help in the betta care section. The title is like newbies, sick fish or something liek that

Speaking of big dogs - savannah fell off the stairs and now she is whinning, limping and her leg is swollen. Plus she is blind, deaf, and diabetic. I don't think she will be around much longer, especially if she requires surgery. I had like 5 bottles of Rimadal (pain killer for dogs) but I tossed them all out because I read alot of dogs deveoped organ failure from taking it. Now allI have is a tranquilizer and something for a "reverse sneeze"

She used to look like this

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #52780 
thekinetic

Aww poor puppykins!:(
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese