Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #52912 
djembekah

quits quits quits
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #52913 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
oooh how are the shrimpies. Im still jellie u got two for free whilst my petco has beenout of stock for a while now.

When shrimps lose their old skin they need nutrients to form the hardened exoskeleton of future moults. the most readily available source is their old moult.

A failed moult is one of the major causes of shrimp death, after bad water quality >.>.

you can add a pinch of calcium clay to the tank every time they moult and after water changes, it will help a lot :)
They're doing great. The algae has cleared up all over the plants/decor. Now I just have to scrub down the walls during every water change.
I wonder if a number of Petcos has stopped selling them. Or did they tell you their going to get a shipment in?

Thanks for the info! Is there a way to tell who shed? I'm not sure, but I think the smaller one appears darker in color today.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 11-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #52914 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
A failed moult is one of the major causes of shrimp death, after bad water quality >.>
I can attest to this. And it looks so disturbing too. A berried or pregnant shrimp will not molt. If she is forced into molting while berried it is often fatal
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #52915 
djembekah

Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #52916 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Thanks for the info! Is there a way to tell who shed? I'm not sure, but I think the smaller one appears darker in color today.
usually they get darker as they are about to shed :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #52917 
djembekah

i want a spawning plate for christmas. for my angelsss
Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #52918 
Tikibirds

I think the shells are about an inch long?
are they asexual?

SAKURAAAAAAAAAA! Today was the last day of fungus cure. He looks the same - maybe a little skinnier and NOTHING like my avatar :( Now what? I have the following: general cure, furan 2, metrodozinal, jungle parasite guard and stupid bettafix. I looked for jungle anti parasite fizzies and methelene blue today and didnt find either.

In other news, at walmart today looking at the fishies they have in their tanks, john points to the sink they have in the fish section and says "your bettas are right there". So I look at the sink and see 5 very dirty cups with 5 bettas that are still alive. I so wanted to take one...

And my sister is back to being a psycho B*&^%- as soon as John walked to the door she started swaering at me to move out, that I do not live here, calling me fatty, saying I am disgusting and screaming at me that it is MY job to keep savannah (blind, diabetic 13 yr old dog) out of her room and its MY fault Savannah peed in there 2 days ago. Since she was IN her room, why didn't she kick the dog out? Even my mother told her to shut up because her logic was making no sense.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-22-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #52919 
Laki

Oh, it breaks my heart to hear about that Tiki. Not only is your being being a bag of poop to you but 13 year old dogs are not what they used to be. They NEED people to be close to, they get super sensitive and she cannot help the pee. Maybe invest in one of those GIANT male doggie wraps. (the diaper ones don't do anything for pee, only poop) and then line it with human adult male incontinence pads. Worked a charm for my geriatric terrier (even the time he got out of the house and went for a walk lol)

Today is a day that coffee, ibuprofen, voltaren and chocolate cannot mend.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #52920 
Mo

Happy thanksgiving!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese