Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #521 
Bettawolf19

I have some frozen peas. Think those will help? He seemed just fine til a few days ago when the other two started to hang more with each other. Draco's antisocial or soemthing though I'm wondering if maybe the others are spawning or something? They both(Voldemort and Lucius) have pinkishness to them but he's completely white. Maybe i can try an algae waffer and see if he'll eat one of those.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #522 
Sakura8

Try an algae wafer. Otherwise put a pea in super hot water for 2 minutes (boiling water if you can, just nuke it), then in ice water for one minute. It helps if it's no salt added frozen peas but sick corys can't be choosy.

I do wonder if this has something to do with the other corys, though. They're usually so social, it's odd for him to separate himself like this.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #523 
Bettawolf19

I have a piece of algae waffer in there now(had to feed my oto too). Normally I give them frozen brine shrimp when I feed my bettas them and they go crazy for them. Idk if he ate any though.

I'm wondering if he's just lonely. I know either way i'll be getting another one soon probably tomorrow/later today.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #524 
Sakura8

Yeah, if the others ARE spawning and shunning him, and since corys ARE social, he really could be lonely. I wouldn't put it past him. He's probably pale from stress, just like bettas get stripes. Awww, I feel sorry for the little outcast 'cause I know how he feels. *harkens back to traumatic school days*
Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #525 
Bettawolf19

He's not doing good at all :/ caught him on his side just now Idk if he was trying to chill on the side or not. I'll try a pea maybe hopefully he'll eat that :/
Old 06-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #526 
Sakura8

Surely corys can't literally die of loneliness. It must be something else. I just hope it isn't contagious for the rest of your guys.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #527 
Sakura8

Corys are really sensitive to changes in water chemistry and to high acidity. But of course, wouldn't the others act funny too? Unless he's been sickly all along.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #528 
Bettawolf19

I dunno I did a big water change today because i fed them pellets last ngiht so those things leave biiiig messes so i changed things today at least 4 gals so roughly 80% or so but he was sicklike before then so idk. the others are just fine :/ Also I have him seperated right now in a QT cup.

Last edited by Bettawolf19; 06-23-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:18 AM   #529 
Sakura8

I really hope it's not contagious. Maybe he was on the older side or something and his time has come.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #530 
Bettawolf19

He's smaller then the other two but I don't know what's going on with him :/

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese