betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #53131 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love them.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #53132 
thekinetic

I have a habitrail but I didn't like the tubes and stuff because I'd be afraid of it getting stuck. The one I bought, superpet I think?, has a deep base so the hamster has plenty of room to burrow. It's also pretty big and the wheel it comes with is solid and not wire. :D

It's a kit so it comes with everything to get started but I'm going to go over it to make sure it's all safe and good for the little guy or girl. Now it does come with pine chips initially so I'm going to have to take big whiff of them to make sure they don't smell piney because if they do it means they weren't dried right and I'd have buy some other bedding (which I'll probably do anyway eventually).

Now the only thing I've been trying to find an answer for is if I need to get a sand bath for it? I've heard that their fur can sometimes get a little oily and smelly and it'll help keep them dry and fluffy and clean smelling.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #53133 
dramaqueen
Banned

My first hamster was kept in a wire bird cage and she used to get out of it a lot. The ones I had in college were kept in10 gallon aquariums.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #53134 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #53135 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quick shot of Penelope and Piper playing with mommy:
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #53136 
Laki

Aw Sakura! baby rats! I' glad your mom agreed to them, they're fantastic non-bitey pets. They recognize their owners too, probably the best rodent pet for their intellectual capabilities. I think hamsters are cute though because they stuff their cheeks :)

Olympia, you really are a generous person. A good person. You do more than most people do, seriously. A lot of people think dropping some money in those Salvation Army kettles is enough, but behind the scenes volunteers are the backbone of counting and managing the money, and figuring out which families need what and jfbu;iebgj everything! You're great :)

*going back - I like your avatar chocolate! Very nice betta :)

I got my recognition letter for graduation :) The mailman must have been late bc I found it in the box today but it wasn't there Friday. I'm on the fence if I want to do my convocation bc it costs so much money and I don't like formal things.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #53137 
djembekah

oh my goodness Olimpia they are such pretty girls!!!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #53138 
bettasareawesome

well came home to a little bit of Sushi's back tail ripped It's not much though and I think one of the platy's got a little nippy. Does more protein make platy's more agressive? Also Sushi seems to be nippy to.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #53139 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha thanks I sure try.

Lol Bekah, the goldfish are crazy, they are such cuddly fish. I treated them to a slice of orange earlier today. I can't believe I got 7 of them. It's so hectic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #53140 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm adopting another cull from a breeder. He should be here next week. He's a red butterfly named Nemo.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese